Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Vegas that I have installed the Victory pipes on, I also changed to the Ness intake and at that time I installed the Dynojet Power Commander. My problem has been there are only a couple of maps available for the power commander on their website, and I realize it is easy to adjust the fuel settings with my laptop I am just not experienced enough to know which changes to make.

I was wondering if anyone else has or knows of a good source for fuel maps? Does anyone have experience with custom maps from a Dynojet dealer? Any real feedback would be a help.

Thanks,

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Yes no dyno or computer needed BUT to get the most out of it a dyno is best.

The VFC is pretty easy to adjust. You just follow the directions that come with it.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The guy I use charges $250.00 for 3 hours BUT he is a talker and it usually takes about 4. He doesn't charge any extra though.

He really explains in detail what he's doing as he is doing it. It gives you a really good understanding of the PC dyno tuning experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Save the money, and do this....
Sell that junk airbox, and the PC. Buy a S&S intake, and use the appropriate map that comes with it. No fuss, no muss....Just a good running bike
So, you are saying remove the power commander and use the S&S map, would I have to get a dealer to upload the map to the stock CPU?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
So, you are saying remove the power commander and use the S&S map, would I have to get a dealer to upload the map to the stock CPU?
Remove the Ness airbox, and remove the Power Comander. Then install an S&S intake along with an S&S map. You will pick up 7HP, and prolly 10FtLb[on the bottom end] over the best you can get out of the combo you have now

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dyno jet Map

I have a dyno jet programmer on my bike it works great, i actually have my maps if you want to try mine out i have the slashness pipes and and air intake so it might be really close for you. also you need to activate the accel pump which helps out a lot. And if anybody is interested i have some programmers for the 100cu motor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a dyno jet programmer on my bike it works great, i actually have my maps if you want to try mine out i have the slashness pipes and and air intake so it might be really close for you. also you need to activate the accel pump which helps out a lot. And if anybody is interested i have some programmers for the 100cu motor.
Yes, I am interested in trying your map can you email it to me: [email protected]. Since your post I have been reading the manual on the accel pump, I didn't even know that was an option.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No matter what you do the Ness intake is still junk, and leaves a bunch of performance on the table. There is a good reason that Victory abandonded it after only one year of use
I was just thinking of trying the power commander a little more, I looked into the S&S intake and like it, but the need for a dealer map download was my issue. I have always done all the work on my bikes myself and in the past jetting the carbs and getting it dialed in was half the fun. This Vic is my first fuel injected system so I tried the PC, if I can't improve what I have right now I may decide to back up and try again,...

I appreciate all the good info off of this forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be 68 yrs old next month. I am new to victory . I did however purchase a used PCIII. I installed it and after about 60 miles the bike started to foul the plugs.Being completely ignorant of what to do I called Tech Services for Power Commander. I would like to report that I finally found a company where tech support is not dead (they even speak understandable English). They explained to me that Customer Service was thier #1 proiorty and that whatever it took to make it work right they would help me with it. Please bear in mind that this unit was made in AUG. of 2006.They will help you with maps. Kudos to PCIII. Thanks to tech services. Jim Sanner

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm interested. We don't have any bike tuners here in Dominican Republic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Deter. I sent you a PM with my email, if you didn't receive it let me know, thanks! thumb up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.