Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this company? got a mailer right after i bought my bike.
the rate is very reasonable.blows progressive out of the water.
progressive is way over 400. what company do most of you guys
carry. i have country companies on everything else,but the bike
insurace is quite high. i have no accident or ticket record.
any input is appreciated--irv

·
Registered
217 Posts
shop them all is my advice. For my last bike progressive was way high then I went with geico. But now I have all my insurances thru Grange. They have been very good to me and keep my rates low by running my insurance score at time of renewal. They have dropped my premiums more than once in the last 4 years. How many insurance companies do that?

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Farm Bureau insurance in Indiana and some other states on a brand new Vegas for a year full coverage $500 dollar detectable is $293 for a year. Not 6 months for a year. I have multi-car with house and have been with them for 31 years..Age 54 so it pays not to have any claims. I do get speeding tickets every 2 years because I have 7 State police that live in my surrounding area. So it pays to shop around with all eggs in one basket for better rates. Then stay put for better discounts.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Oh another thing that they do that a lot of people do not know is they run a credit score on you. If you have a bad credit rating your insurance is higher. It is not fair but that is what they do to see if you are a risk..

·
Registered
12 Posts
We use Markel on both my wifes and my bikes.A few years ago My wife totaled her 05 VTX 1300 with less than 3000 miles in a high side accident.Took it to the dealership and they did the estimate and totaled it,Markel sent her a check to have it repaired very promptly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have state farm. I pay a grand a year for my renters my truck and the new hard ball a year. Which i an only 31. I have a few claims and have had very good luck. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've used Markel (better known as bikeline) for all of the 12 years I've been riding now. They blow literally everyone out of the water. I've never had to call them for anything, knock on wood, but my friends have and have not reported any issues to me in terms of claims handling. They also offer 24 hour towing on the bikes for a few extra bucks (I think I pay an extra six dollars for it a month) which is nice because up here AAA doesn't tow bikes because they insist they'd have to lay them down and don't want the responsibility.

Anyway they are very reputable, and when I have had questions about rates and stuff on the phone they were always pleasant and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I went with Markel from Farm Bureau last year. Was about 1/3rd cheaper. My renewal this past year was even cheaper. I went with "exact replacement cost" too.
My only contact with them has been at renewal time.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
progressive told me they have no rating for a cross roads.
they have come up with 376, 442, and $491 so far. was
happy with the vtx since new. but this looks like i will be
going elsewhere. amrkel is a huge company with a good rating
but no advertising[gecko, Flo, etc].

·
13,033 Posts
Progressive Insurance
Is designed for Harley thats why there so high. You can atomicity add 3000 dollars worth of parts and your covered.
I don't see how for the most part you could do that for a victory.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If memory serves correct Markel is a family run company and seems to thrive on word of mouth advertising. My friend's father runs a local insurance branch and everyone that comes in for bike insurance he says not to even bother getting quotes from him as he can't match Markel's prices.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my progressive quote came back. agent said 284.00 for
a year.guess ill be staying.had called markel 1/2 hr earlier.
over 40.00 saving.hope this is the right quote.--irv

1 - 14 of 14 Posts