Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crew from KMC Powersports is tentatively planning to stop here on their way to Myrtle Beach and Daytona. Tentative dates are September 26th thru 28th 2014.

You can read about the first one here:
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=74306

The location will be the same:

SM City Motorsports
20260 Poplar Ridge Rd.
Lexington Park, MD 20653

I am trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in getting work done or a dyno tune. Please post if you would be interested in attending.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have to wait for them at Biketoberfest, but already have my slot booked! (3 months early) :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks HC. Great to have the boyz back in town again.

For all who are on the fence or thinking about this stop thinking about cams and bit the bullet. It will be the best mod you will have ever done to your ride.

Kyle is a first rate stand up guy.

HC count me in for some dyno time. The RPW baffles work great but I think she needs a touch of tuning now.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Ooo that's my birthday weekend...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Come on down.

If you go the cams route, the extra little bit for the touring are worth it. You will have to loose the Power Pro amd might need a set of baffles to pick up the bottom end

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Come on down.

If you go the cams route, the extra little bit for the touring are worth it. You will have to loose the Power Pro amd might need a set of baffles to pick up the bottom end

Cheers
If I was going to have all that work done, you can bet I'd lose the Cobra tuner.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Have to wait for them at Biketoberfest, but already have my slot booked! (3 months early) :)
Zen, KMC is supposed to be at Pompano Indian/Victory a week before Biketoberfest. If you are close. You could have the work done before and enjoy the new ride up to Daytona.:ride:

Plus, just heard the 14's are up to 3k discounted for Vets. 2k for everyone else on new 14 Cross Countries. Good time to get your new XC and have Kyle kill your warranty right on the spot! thumb up

·
Registered
23 Posts
The crew from KMC Powersports is tentatively planning to stop here on their way to Myrtle Beach and Daytona. Tentative dates are September 26th thru 28th 2014.

You can read about the first one here:
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=74306

The location will be the same:

SM City Motorsports
20260 Poplar Ridge Rd.
Lexington Park, MD 20653

I am trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in getting work done or a dyno tune. Please post if you would be interested in attending.

I'm in! Vic of SOMD is installing a bunch of stuff in the beginning of September. Looking forward to meeting some local Vic owners. This is my first Victory and I'm loving it so far!!!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
May be in; any insight on how deep they will go into the engine? Piston change on an 07 Hammer, looking to go 11:1?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I'm in! Vic of SOMD is installing a bunch of stuff in the beginning of September. Looking forward to meeting some local Vic owners. This is my first Victory and I'm loving it so far!!!
What are you having them install?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Looks like I won't be able to do it this time. Family room needs to be redone. Perhaps if there will be a MD HP Weekend III next year... Of course, I could just go see Kyle by myself as I'm pretty close to his home base. I just won't get to meet the rest of ya...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
scope of work

Think I'm done with bolt-ons at the moment which seemed to be the focus last time--
and I'm very happy with what I had done at the last one!
If he's doing light service/repairs too, I might be interested. Have that shift spring upgrade sitting in a box, for example.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If he's doing light service/repairs too, I might be interested. Have that shift spring upgrade sitting in a box, for example.
He did mine... only took 15 minutes to replace all the shift stuff. The only reason I had him do it was because he was replacing the clutch basket. But the one he had on the truck was the wrong one for my bike, damnit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May be in; any insight on how deep they will go into the engine? Piston change on an 07 Hammer, looking to go 11:1?
They'll go as deep as you want.
If you're doing pistons, you might as well punch it out. Hell, you're buying pistons anyway, might as well buy bigger ones. The big torque comes with bore. Compression also allows you to use more aggressive cams.

You would have to set all this up ahead of time with Kyle, but he can make it happen...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
He did mine... only took 15 minutes to replace all the shift stuff. The only reason I had him do it was because he was replacing the clutch basket. But the one he had on the truck was the wrong one for my bike, damnit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
15 min after it was cracked open, or the whole deal?
I like the thought of having him do it since I have no garage, haven't been in there before, and have found no local professional talent or friendly assistance yet. And the thread about the 'washer' trick and other expertise gained over time. I had asked about a fork oil R&R last time around, and it wasn't in the cards apparently.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What are you having them install?
Ground Pounders
Torque Tubes
Lloydz IAC
Lloydz ATS
PCV
Fly Bars
Tachometer
Powder Coating some parts