Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an aftermarket oil dipstick from Mastiff (Frank) from the Victory Motorcycle Club website and this thing a great replacement for the ugly plastic dipstick that comes with our bikes.

He makes them in various colors if you want to match your bike.

I just got the regular polished and it looks great on my bike. The craftsmanship, fit and finish are second to none thumb up

It costs $55 + $5 s/h, and he can give you a discount if you're military (active/retired), firefighter, or law enforcement.

If you want one, you can e-mail Frank directly at:

[email protected]

I just thought I'd pass along the info.

Here are some samples of the other colors he makes:

·
13,263 Posts
Is it long enough so you can check oil on side stand

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thanks Janky, I like the looks a bit better than the Pingel so I just finished ordering one. I bet it looks pretty vicious on the xray machine so now we'll see if it gets through Customs..

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was about to order one of these and then started wondering how is it checking the oil when the engine is hot? Can the dipstick be removed without burning your fingertips? I'd imagine it could be a problem with any metal dipstick, but I was curious about this one in particular as this was the one I was interested in getting...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My last two have been metal and yes the dipsticks do get hot. You can let it cool down a bit, the oil level doesn't change too much when it gets down to warm or alternatively, leave your gloves on or use a rag to unscrew it. Not a problem.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bump for Vinish and others not on FB.....

This thread has the makers email address.

thumb up

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bump for Vinish and others not on FB.....

This thread has the makers email address.

thumb up
Thanks for the help bro! Im short on tec skills!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lota thought on ''does'' the dip-stick get hot... Come on how often do you check your oil ..After the first oil change for me its like maybe every month or so.. The days of checking oil at every gas stop are gone.. And if you do find you have to add a few ounces every time then you're trying to keep the level at the full mark all the time. Oil will seek its own level.. The proper level is ; Between the add mark and full mark..

·
13,263 Posts
rhino 2
put you kickstand on a 2x4 that should make it very close to level

·
Registered
632 Posts
rhino 2
put you kickstand on a 2x4 that should make it very close to level
Don't need to, After years with Japanese bike I've learned to Neel down on the right side and with the right hand pull down on the handle bar while holding the brake and rest the bike upright on my left knee.. Haven't lost a bike yet thumb up, Though it was easier with a sight glass.. There are a few things a Vic needs. A sight glass, an engine cut-off on the kick stand, Among others.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
look good but!

i had a derlin shift knob, a chemical mix also known in other names, it replaced my hot alum B+M knob. it handles heat well but does not absorb any. for now the "plastic" stick works well until something "cooler" to the touch comes along

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Just want to add my name to the long list of happy Mastiff dipstick customers. Got one for each bike and they are really nice quality pieces. I suppose in a pinch they could also be used as a self defense weapon too.

Note: Not my pics but they are accurate. If you are a veteran or active duty in a combat area within the last year; be sure to mention that to Frank if you order one. There are discounts involved.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
With this dipstick or the stock dipstick, while on the sidestand, unscrew the dipstick and wipe it off. Then screw it back in, get on the bike and stand it up straight for a few seconds and lean it back on the sidestand. The oil will stay on the dipstick plenty long enough to check it. No worries about dropping the bike. BTW, that is a good looking dipstick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts