Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I’m not pointing a finger at anyone or looking to get into the tuning business. So here’s the problem , up here in Ontario Canada I know of a few that have been waiting for a very long time to get what’s needed from any tuners to do a remote tune. The ops get the Maximus and then wait, I have been offered a very good deal on both a Maximus and the wide band o2 sensors , cables etc.
For those of yous that have done the remote tuning ,what exactly is sent to your door to connect up for the tuner to get his information to tweak the map to reupload into the bike and go back and forth a few times until completed? Are they simply Wideband o2 scensors ? Is a laptop actually sent to you or is it just the necessary cables and o2 sensors and the software is downloaded from techno research that the o2’s send data too after a ride?
Where would you download the initial file from?
Are there maps available to download that are a map for a particular bike setup that can be used that would be sufficient without doing a remote tuning?
Is it possible for an op to do his own tweaking with the hardware on hand?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't think he will send the unit to Canada.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I don't think he will send the unit to Canada.
The OP said he has access to the hardware so it would just be emails if it works like I understand it to.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noemtz said he was try to get hardware up here in Canada , I just ordered the TR0’2 wideband a/f system and Maximus. I wanted to here from anyone that has done it themselves.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Not done that one. I have the PVCX which has a screen to give me info and log bike data for DIY (or remote) tuning. I like it. Using stock sensors.

I don't think the Maximus has a screen but there should be some way for it to log bike data for tuning. Maybe that is what you need the laptop for.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Noemtz said he was try to get hardware up here in Canada , I just ordered the TR0’2 wideband a/f system and Maximus. I wanted to here from anyone that has done it themselves.
One kit being sent. But if you have part of a kit, I may be able to work with what you have for now. Reason we send kits is it includes laptop with proprietary software on it for the best possible tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts