Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I’m not pointing a finger at anyone or looking to get into the tuning business. So here’s the problem , up here in Ontario Canada I know of a few that have been waiting for a very long time to get what’s needed from any tuners to do a remote tune. The ops get the Maximus and then wait, I have been offered a very good deal on both a Maximus and the wide band o2 sensors , cables etc.
For those of yous that have done the remote tuning ,what exactly is sent to your door to connect up for the tuner to get his information to tweak the map to reupload into the bike and go back and forth a few times until completed? Are they simply Wideband o2 scensors ? Is a laptop actually sent to you or is it just the necessary cables and o2 sensors and the software is downloaded from techno research that the o2’s send data too after a ride?
Where would you download the initial file from?
Are there maps available to download that are a map for a particular bike setup that can be used that would be sufficient without doing a remote tuning?
Is it possible for an op to do his own tweaking with the hardware on hand?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't think he will send the unit to Canada.

Reactions: Wickman

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noemtz said he was try to get hardware up here in Canada , I just ordered the TR0’2 wideband a/f system and Maximus. I wanted to here from anyone that has done it themselves.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,374 Posts
Not done that one. I have the PVCX which has a screen to give me info and log bike data for DIY (or remote) tuning. I like it. Using stock sensors.

I don't think the Maximus has a screen but there should be some way for it to log bike data for tuning. Maybe that is what you need the laptop for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tr-02 is what’s used for logging.

·
13,311 Posts
doesn't the Max mary itself to one bike and not transferable

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Noemtz said he was try to get hardware up here in Canada , I just ordered the TR0’2 wideband a/f system and Maximus. I wanted to here from anyone that has done it themselves.
One kit being sent. But if you have part of a kit, I may be able to work with what you have for now. Reason we send kits is it includes laptop with proprietary software on it for the best possible tune.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cross Country Tour - gloss black
83 Posts
The tr-02 is what’s used for logging.
I think it’s been about a year since the last post, but may I ask how tuning yourself went? Nothing against the pros but I am interested in doing it myself as I start the performance mods, one by one. I tuned my ‘98 Chevy after a bore and stroke using wideband and HP Tuners software, so I kinda get the gist of ECM tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I"m curious about doing a remote tune on my XC someday soon (hopefully). I'm in a remote as hell part of AZ and there doesn't seem to be a tuner w/in a thousand miles of me.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I"m curious about doing a remote tune on my XC someday soon (hopefully). I'm in a remote as hell part of AZ and there doesn't seem to be a tuner w/in a thousand miles of me.
For remote tuning, I’ve heard Noemtz (@NOEMTZ) may be able answer questions on the process and even perform the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
While their is some information on the DynoJet PVCX (that is not longer available) to give folks an understanding of how that programmer works, such as the ability to download and checkout the C3 tuning software as well as the videos by Craig, I'm not finding much on the Maximus that will help me determine if I want to take on learning that system. Would anyone be able to point me to some videos, posts, blogs, or literature on the Maximus?
Anyone done their own tuning with the Maximus?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a Maximus for my Gunner with the intention of doing an autotune, have only removed the factory mufflers and installed the Radiant Cycles Shorty exhaust (which sound awesome btw!). Has anyone actually used AutoTune on the Maximus? Not sure if what I uploaded back to the ECU was an autotune or not!
Before anyone starts on the Call an Expert, I really wanna save the dyno tune $$ for the big upgrade, cams and intake. I'd just like to add timing in lieu of Lloyds timing wheel as the Maximus can add that timing through the entire RPM range, and of course let the tuner do the autotune.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not done that one. I have the PVCX which has a screen to give me info and log bike data for DIY (or remote) tuning. I like it. Using stock sensors.

I don't think the Maximus has a screen but there should be some way for it to log bike data for tuning. Maybe that is what you need the laptop for.
I also have the CX, finding support for tuning is tough to say the least. When I purchased it there were 2 options Maximus or Dynojet... I went with the Dynojet because - Who is Maximus made by and what is their history? Sure thought I couldn't go wrong with a company like Dynojet behind the CX to gather support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maximus is Technoresearch. And it's very good, Now Martinez is the guy to go to for remote tuning. From what I understand, you hook up the O2 sensors and a laptop to turn on the data logging then you go ride. Pretty simple. I haven't gotten it on my bike yet, but rode a bike he tuned and Wow!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,374 Posts
I also have the CX, finding support for tuning is tough to say the least. When I purchased it there were 2 options Maximus or Dynojet... I went with the Dynojet because - Who is Maximus made by and what is their history? Sure thought I couldn't go wrong with a company like Dynojet behind the CX to gather support.
CX is a good unit. Added the wide band kit because I can. Bike runs great but it's still a little rich. I'll work on that eventually. Want to play with timing next.

Reactions: archaicguy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts