Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Should be able to 5K Easy enough maybe a little more to the right Buyer .. But I see them selling for as little as 4K Dealer here has a 05 Kingpin Premium with 16.000 Miles that is asking $4995.00 for ..

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Seems $4500-$6000 is the going price.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I may be forced to let it go to get a decent car. 1998 jag is problematic. Just from pics, how much do you think I could get?
DP , you are joking right ?:crzy: After all the praising , need to ride Hub-bub , you are already thinking of ditching your bike ? Although you do change your bikes , like undergarments , my un -professional opinion is some form of OCD . The best cure for OCD , is to ride your bike and forget about the car ...:D

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
what possessed you to buy a Jag in the first place!
get rid of the Jaguar and keep the bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
:I agree: Just buy a shitbox to get you around , ditch the crap can Jag and keep the bike ! C'mon Man ! ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:I agree: Just buy a shitbox to get you around , ditch the crap can Jag and keep the bike ! C'mon Man ! ;)

Best friend sold me jag couple years ago. Immediately tranny broke. A surprise to us both. $4K to repair. Loved driving it but is a $$ pit. I'm in it 8K. Not worth 4k and now more trouble. The vegas was my last bike but done with not having reliable car.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,320 Posts
So you are going to sell a reliable bike to get what? Nothing in the $5k range is going to get you anything reliable.

Better to trade the Jag in or sell it outright for the $4k and get your self that $5k car for now until you can finance something later. At least you will still have one reliable vehicle to get you to work; even in the rain.

·
Registered
135 Posts
is the jag the only family car ?

i was kind of in the same boat a while back. motor in my car blew up. thought about selling my bike to either get a new motor or buy another vehicle. we still had my g/f's lexus to rely on but it's been some what of a money pit also.

i decided to just tough it out ...ride my bike when i could and rely on her car when weather was bad.... that takes some creative scheduling to do when you have her , me , and 3 teenagers all driving. after 2 years i finally got a good used truck " i thought " a few minor things have popped up.

more than once during the last 2 years i thought about selling my bike but just could not follow through because i knew if i sold it i would be hard pressed to afford another one down the road.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Really? I hate to live where you are if you can't find a reliable car for 5 grand.
If I lived where DP lived , I wouldn't even have a car .....

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If I lived where DP lived I would have 2 bikes and a shitty little pick up truck. I would also have a big house, a maid, a swimming pool, a mistress, a boat, and one helluva a sun tan! If I sold my house here I could get all of those things there and be debt free!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If I lived where DP lived I would have 2 bikes and a shitty little pick up truck. I would also have a big house, a maid, a swimming pool, a mistress, a boat, and one helluva a sun tan! If I sold my house here I could get all of those things there and be debt free!
Travis , you sound like you live in my state ! I would have all that and a yacht:D !

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Mags did you click the link? That thing is a mansion!!! Then look at my rink a dink little **** box... 😔

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yea , I looked at every picture . We have the same problem here as you do , a cute little house like yours here in Westford MA would be 625,000 bucks . The house I grew up in in Gloucester MA on 1/10th of an acre on the water though , my parents bought brand new in '74 for 34,000 . It sold last year for 1,000,000 dollars . My parents sold it in 89 for 350,000 . Efffing Nuts !:crzy:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts