Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading my 2011 Vision on a new XC tequila gold. The main thing I know Im gonna miss is the way my Vision turns heads. But my bike is big and heavy and feels like it. The XC feels better and the teq gold looks cool. If I can get a good trade Ill probly do it.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I certainly can't judge. I traded in my Jackpot after only 3 months on the XC. Just had to have it. I do miss the JP though... Thankfully I was able to pick up a Kingpin later to fill in that void.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Thinking about trading my 2011 Vision on a new XC tequila gold. The main thing I know Im gonna miss is the way my Vision turns heads. But my bike is big and heavy and feels like it. The XC feels better and the teq gold looks cool. If I can get a good trade Ill probly do it.
I think a Tequila Gold XC will turn heads too. Did you do it?

·
13,235 Posts
So the cc weight is 845 pounds and the vision is 869 pounds according to Vic.
So your going to go from a bike that gives you great wind protection to one where you need to add all kids of plastic panels to stop buffeting. One day test ride does not make a year riding of what you all ready know is great.
You choice one I wouldn't do

·
Registered
70 Posts
LOL then you would have to change your name too, from VJ to CCJ

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
No If he did he'd have to switch...

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Well sure not gonna argue, but have rode a Vision several times and it's a Sweeter Ride than an XC for a lot of things.. But Balance wise think the XC is better and feels far lighter, perhaps the Vision without a Trunk might beat it .. Never Rode one that way ..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've liked the Vision ever since it came out. Had one all lined up in Houma then the dealer called and told me it was no longer for sale. Seems he went out of business and Polaris froze all his stock and took it back. Was in Nashville a few months ago and the dealer had a killer price on a 14 but I didn't have my XC with me so wife would not let me get it. She is afraid I'll keep both bikes. Local dealer has a black 12 for sale (new) and the only reason I haven't bought it is the bag size. I just can't get over how small the bags are. I know the trunk is large but I would want to takethe trunk off. Maybe one of these days.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
But Balance wise think the XC is better and feels far lighter, perhaps the Vision without a Trunk might beat it ..
That's the ticket. Hardly fair to compare an XC sans trunk to a Vision with a trunk.

And for whatever reason, I find that our bikes get clumsy stacking weight on their rears. It's not deal breaking stuff, but to me, our X bikes are soooo much better balanced sans trunk/passenger. OTOH, they are so much more user friendly with a trunk. Trade offs, trade offs...

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts