Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an excavator and wheel loader for sale , not advertising that Ill take trades and this guy calls me up and says (will you take an09 A.N. Vision with 2k miles on trade ? ) Im thinking he is gonna want too much for it but he says around $20 k . It sounds interresting to me. Trying not to get too worked up over it though , anything can happen and I would need a little cash to boot . Sure would be more comfortable than my old faithfull Roadstar ?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
20k for an 09? Just because it says Arlen Ness don't make it worth that! Maybe thats what he paid new! Kelly Blue book puts the AN at $13,000.00.

You can buy a new 10 leftover or a used 11 for 20k!

Hell, a brand new 2012 Vision tour is $21,999!! Thats with a trunk and all the trimming!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I shoulda done a little research. Oh well , that just means he is gonna need mo cash. There is alot of negotiating to be done , presuming he is interrested in the equipment . I thought it was kinda interresting that someone would call with a deal like that since I intended to buy a bike if I sell the equipment. Thanks for the info Diamond

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess bikes are alot cheaper out there in Calaforny, KBB says that bike retails for $17710. in Va with 10k miles , this one has less than 2k miles

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Kbb is always HIGH!! Take the middle of the two estimates and your are at $15,000.00.
Yeah, anytime someone tells me how much their car/bike is on KBB, I ask them if KBB is paying them green cash for it. :ltr:

KBB is nothing more than a guide. The value of your bike is what the most generous buyer is willing to pay for it at the time and location when you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive got an excavator and wheel loader for sale , not advertising that Ill take trades and this guy calls me up and says (will you take an09 A.N. Vision with 2k miles on trade ? ) Im thinking he is gonna want too much for it but he says around $20 k . It sounds interresting to me. Trying not to get too worked up over it though , anything can happen and I would need a little cash to boot . Sure would be more comfortable than my old faithfull Roadstar ?
In April I acquired my 2009 Ness and LOVE IT! The Nessies do have more added goodies than a standard Vision PLUS, they are numbered, hence worth more, but that is a judgement call for only you to make. I liked the fact that mine has lots of chrome, the basic black and the very cool side graphic. I got mine from a dealer and it was new and has a two year (at the time - now Victory is giving a 5 year) warranty. So, I think your guy is at least $2k too high. Remember, the MSRP was $25,990. How much warranty does the bike come with (and yes, it is transferable)?

The Vision is a great bike. Good luck! -Jeff

Nessy is so pretty that the Bride and Groom had to stand next to her for a wedding pic!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We haven't talked about warranty yet, hell we've only exchanged pics. But if it goes any further that's when the haggling will begin. I posted the thread to hear comments from those who already have the bikes and I'm glad I did, I'm already more knowledgable than I was when the guy called me. I rode a vision when the victory tour truck came around but at the time I thought the cross country may have been a little more comfortable. I don't know if the 1 inch shorter seat with backrest is going to feel any different from the cross country.

I do appreciate everyone's comments, it's very helpful. cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Some here aren't being realistic about the value of the '09 Ness Visions. They are worth a MINIMUM of $15K without the trunk. If that one has a trunk, it's worth $16K (minimum). While it is true that you can buy some "non-ness" versions cheaper, that is ALWAYS the case. The Ness's are unique and therefore cost more...always.

Here is a link to an '09 Vision Premium that sold on eBay for $16K and the Ness versions typically sell for several thousand more than the Premium versions & that was in an auction so private party sales would likely bring more $'s..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Black-Vision-Tour-Premium-/200640543159?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2eb71bb9b7

Here's one that is available NOW on eBay. Looks like he's willing to let it go for $14,900 (See Diamond's post two after this)....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=160637099959&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=2049055673563662895

·
Registered
38 Posts
We haven't talked about warranty yet, hell we've only exchanged pics. But if it goes any further that's when the haggling will begin. I posted the thread to hear comments from those who already have the bikes and I'm glad I did, I'm already more knowledgable than I was when the guy called me. I rode a vision when the victory tour truck came around but at the time I thought the cross country may have been a little more comfortable. I don't know if the 1 inch shorter seat with backrest is going to feel any different from the cross country.

I do appreciate everyone's comments, it's very helpful. cheers
I really was focusing on the XC but by the time I added the parts and made adjustments to make it fit "me" the Ness was much cheaper. My concern was bag size on the Vision. I can tell you that in reality they work. For big trips I put on a really large bag (as you can see in the picture). I've added the backrest, and boy does it feel good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This bike already has both back rests on it, I'm 5'7" and don't have a really long reach, I'm wondering how the bike will fit me. I won't be able to go check it out until Wednesday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This bike already has both back rests on it, I'm 5'7" and don't have a really long reach, I'm wondering how the bike will fit me. I won't be able to go check it out until Wednesday.
I'm 5'9" with short arms and legs with longer torso... I fit! We await your results. Most of all, HAVE FUN looking and trying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts