Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the MBW rear LED turn signals on my Hammer. Are the light smoke or dark smoke lens bright enough to see in the daylight?

Which is brighter, the red or the amber lights?

I assume I'll need the LR-10 load Equalizer.

This pic is from their website. Any pics?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the red ones with the clear lens ....thumb up

·
Registered
459 Posts
Don't get any w/smoke.

I think amber is more visible.

Visibility==less accidents IMHO.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the clear with amber and you would have to be trying very hard to not see them flash! They are great. I can take some pics or maybe even a video this evening if you would like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the red ones with the clear lens ....thumb up
I've seen pics of your lights. Are you using the stock license plate mount?

I HAVE THE RED ONES, VERY, VERY BRIGHT, IF YOU DONT USE THE LR-10, THEY BLINK ERADICALLY. I LOVE THE LOOK.thumb up
I'm assuming you have the clear lenses?

Don't get any w/smoke.

I think amber is more visible.

Visibility==less accidents IMHO.
That's what I was thinking too but I'm blacking out everything on the bike. I would like the light smoke but they have to be bright enough to see during the daylight.

I have the clear with amber and you would have to be trying very hard to not see them flash! They are great. I can take some pics or maybe even a video this evening if you would like.
Pics or a video in the daylight would be great. Thanks.

Where's the best place to buy? Victoryonly.com?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have the amber with smoked lens , I think they are plenty bright . I got mine on Ebay , 150.00 free shipping from a place in Florida . It came with the plate mount , that's what I liked a lot about it . It tucks the plate as high up underneath as possible . Perfect fitment too , for the money a great choice .... I personally like the red lens in the back though ....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
VFR- my advice is to check out in person people who have them installed to decide. I have the smoked orange ones- what do you use in Canada- just the red I assume? Anyway the one regret I have on my bike is my rear indicators are not bright enough. Sydney is a friggin busy city and you need bright indicators to be as safe.
I did see that someone had new "brighter" indicator leds, but from memory I dont think they are smoked, which frankly I couldnt care less about- if they are actually brighter I may get them in the future or change styles alltogether.

·
12,970 Posts
I want to install the MBW rear LED turn signals on my Hammer. Are the light smoke or dark smoke lens bright enough to see in the daylight?

Which is brighter, the red or the amber lights?

I assume I'll need the LR-10 load Equalizer.

This pic is from their website. Any pics?
there was a guy here selling one about a month back. Look in the sell section

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hope you didnt spend all that cash and find you get a 250 ticket for illegal lights as happened to some people in that part of the woods.I had a red one my hammer and took it off as not worth the big ticket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts