Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone broke these while riding? I am installing mine an it seems as though they will brake if I travel a rough road bases on how they are rigidly mounted.

Has anyone put any sort of dampening material between the lights and the fender?

They are not cheap so I don't want to damage them and we have less than desirable roads here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone broke these while riding? I am installing mine an it seems as though they will brake if I travel a rough road bases on how they are rigidly mounted.

Has anyone put any sort of dampening material between the lights and the fender?

They are not cheap so I don't want to damage them and we have less than desirable roads here.
Yes, mine broke within the first couple months. When I talked to Matt (at MBW). His question was "Do you ride your bike on the road?"
my response; "Yes"
Matt: "well that's you're problem"

I'm really not sure where he thought I was supposed to be riding it, LOL! Then Matt told me I had installed in incorrect so it was my own fault. I did not install them myself, they were installed by the dealer.
I ended having to have the Victory dealer talk to him and convince him they installed it before he finally replaced them for free.

The 2nd set of lights lasted for many years without any problems until the bike was traded in. Probably around 50,000 miles, on the road without any issues. Maybe they make them road worthy now!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, mine broke within the first couple months. When I talked to Matt (at MBW). His question was "Do you ride your bike on the road?"
my response; "Yes"
Matt: "well that's you're problem"

I'm really not sure where he thought I was supposed to be riding it, LOL! Then Matt told me I had installed in incorrect so it was my own fault. I did not install them myself, they were installed by the dealer.
I ended having to have the Victory dealer talk to him and convince him they installed it before he finally replaced them for free.

The 2nd set of lights lasted for many years without any problems until the bike was traded in. Probably around 50,000 miles, on the road without any issues. Maybe they make them road worthy now!
Thanks for your thorough response. Ya I am concerned about a rough road or something. There mounted fairly rigidly. Luckily I have an extra set of Amber ones that I won't sell then. I put Red on instead.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had mine on for a year now and they still work properly. Only problem now is I have a rattle at low rpm that is very annoying. Bolts are tight. Not sure what the problem is. I thought about bringing them down just a bit off the fender but didnt think that would look good. Did you or anyone else ever decide to dampen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts