Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This illustrates the difference between where Motorbikerx lives on the Gold Coast, and where I live in the hills behind the Sunshine Coast about 220 kms north; he has glamorous movie actors as friends, and I have feral pigs turn up at my front door
Tony isnt very glamourous, now Bridie on the othet hand.....

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Tony isnt very glamourous, now Bridie on the othet hand.....
OK now, You need to get Bridie to pose on your Victory motorcycle in a bikini. It should be getting warm over there, it's getting damned cold over here. Then post the picture on the site. Tell her it's for her American fans and it will be.

Sorry all. I posted the wrong YouTube link. Right movie, but this one is the original movie trailer, rather than the one for the DVD release. It shows the local countryside a bit better, and has a bit more drama.
If you want to visit the old Kandanga pub shown in the movie, you are too late. It burned down not long after the movie was shot.
It had the biggest boars head I have ever seen mounted on the wall behind the bar. Pigs give the local Macademia growers a hard time, they estimate pigs get 15 to 20% of the crop.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Here you can hunt wild pigs year around and they have used the Army and gun ships to kill out highly infested areas. A young pig is not bad eating. My dad use to trap them and smoke the meat with mesquite wood. They can tear up a field and root up a pasture. Many people do not realize pigs are carnivorous. If you can get the American series, Deadwood, they feed the people they kill to the hogs. The show is a dramatized series about the town of Deadwood, South Dakota in Indian territory in the 1800's. It's where Wild Bill Hickok was killed. Hickok and Calamity Jane are both buried there. They made a movie after the series ended to wind the series up. The town is near Sturgis, South Dakota.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
We finished the McLeod's Daughters series. It was amazing how much the United States and Australia's ranching life is. Quarter horses, breeds of cattle, rodeos and the way they dress. The language is a little deferent but I picked up on it fast. Saddles are little different. I think that the U.S. and Australia have much more in common than most of us know.

I am watching and Australian TV series, McLeod's Daughters.

Hey NAB,. another Oz movie recommendation for you:. Goldstone.
Beautifilly filmed, in a harsh landscape. Made me plan a ride out to Cobbold Gorge. Not sure if it's on Netflix.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Thanks, we have other media channels to find it on. The USA doesn't have anything on Australia's TV and movie productions.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I just watched a trailer on Goldstone. It looks like a good movie. I can get it on several channels, including Nexflix.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Watched Goldstone last night on Nexflix. Good movie. Much of Australia's terrain looks the same as America's. Y'all have Aborigines, we have American Indians. Did Australia have wars with the Aborigines like we did with our native American's

Watched Goldstone last night on Nexflix. Good movie. Much of Australia's terrain looks the same as America's. Y'all have Aborigines, we have American Indians. Did Australia have wars with the Aborigines like we did with our native American's
Yes, but for many years they were a blind spot in Australian history. Pretty one-sided in the body count too. Armed resistance to the invasion went on to the 1920s in some remote parts.

Reactions: NAB
Discussion starter · #31 ·
Yes, but for many years they were a blind spot in Australian history. Pretty one-sided in the body count too. Armed resistance to the invasion went on to the 1920s in some remote parts.
The last Indian battles were fought in the area I live in, in the late 1800's. There was one skirmish in 1900. In many ways our countries history are much a like.

The last Indian battles were fought in the area I live in, in the late 1800's. There was one skirmish in 1900. In many ways our countries history are much a like.
You might want to look up about the Kalkadoons, Jandamarra, and the aftermath of whats called the Hornet Bank massacre. Maybe look at the history of the Queensland Native Police. If you are digging around in this general area, see if you can find the Oz movie of a few years ago, Mad Bastards. Damm fine movie.

Hey NAB, another viewing recommendation for you. Fires, a 7 part series, currently on broadcast TV here. Episodes set against the background of the 2019/2020 bushfire season, starting in Queensland, where our fire season is in spring, moving south as the year progresses. Very good viewing, combining news footage with great special effects.
You will be able to watch it on our national broadcasters free streaming service: ABCiview
They are uploading the episodes after they broadcast them, currently up to episode 4.
I never want to be more closely involved in a firetruck burnover than watching episode 1.

Hey NAB, another viewing recommendation for you. Fires, a 7 part series, currently on broadcast TV here. Episodes set against the background of the 2019/2020 bushfire season, starting in Queensland, where our fire season is in spring, moving south as the year progresses. Very good viewing, combining news footage with great special effects.
You will be able to watch it on our national broadcasters free streaming service: ABCiview
They are uploading the episodes after they broadcast them, currently up to episode 4.
I never want to be more closely involved in a firetruck burnover than watching episode 1.
Looks like it's gonna be on CTV Drama channel in Canada.
No listing for a US channel.

Might end up on a streaming platform eventually.

it's on Prime in Canada nope my bad wrong one not here

My wife and I recently started started watching Mr. In Between which is an Aussie series and we love it. Although my wife needs subtitles turned on! :smile
We just binge watched the whole Mr In-between series, a fantastic show about a hitman with morals!
Been watching Animal Kingdom too , binge watched it right up to present day, episodes have larger gaps between them now though I think cos the woo flu has slowed production.
Recently I got $600 for having my 1961 Dodge Lancer parked for part of the new Tiger King movie.
Also recently binge watched Peaky Blinders to the end.
For a bloke that don't own a TV and hasn't watched one since 1983 ,
except for the Bathurst 1000 that is, since meeting Tilly who has a big screen and Netflix and Foxtel well ,
TVs finished for the night, in Blindspot these days but I'm being called to bed
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Building Shorts Cloud
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: ObiSteve
Never watched tiger king and really don't plan on it so you'll have to let us know what episode your car shows up in.

It's currently streaming for free on ABCiview.

We just binge watched the whole Mr In-between series, a fantastic show about a hitman with morals!
Been watching Animal Kingdom too , binge watched it right up to present day, episodes have larger gaps between them now though I think cos the woo flu has slowed production.
Recently I got $600 for having my 1961 Dodge Lancer parked for part of the new Tiger King movie.
Also recently binge watched Peaky Blinders to the end.
For a bloke that don't own a TV and hasn't watched one since 1983 ,
except for the Bathurst 1000 that is, since meeting Tilly who has a big screen and Netflix and Foxtel well ,
TVs finished for the night, in Blindspot these days but I'm being called to bed View attachment 254793 View attachment 254794 ...
Watching a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders, the part about the blokes in the BSA factory having a gin still running in there made me realise why the quality control on my old BSAs was so bad.

• Haha
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.