Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Vegas... I can't find the frame diameter to mount highway pegs I was told it was (1'in) and that wasn't it
I am also looking for a fork diameter to mount fairing brackets.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There is an old and important saying..."One test is worth a thousand expert opinions." Why not just measure these diameters? You could use a caliper to get the exact diameter. You could use a fabric/seamstress type measuring tape to determine the circumference and then divide that by pi to yield the diameter. As a last resort, you could use a straight ruler held up against the object and eyeball the diameter.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I am probably confused. Are you saying that you do not own a 2017 Vegas for which you are asking dimensions of the frame and fork? It would seem odd to not have this and need such specific parts. If what you mean is that you do not own the highway pegs or fairing brackets but do own the '17 Vegas, then measure the diameters of these portions of the Vegas.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I am probably confused. Are you saying that you do not own a 2017 Vegas for which you are asking dimensions of the frame and fork? It would seem odd to not have this and need such specific parts. If what you mean is that you do not own the highway pegs or fairing brackets but do own the '17 Vegas, then measure the diameters of these portions of the Vegas.
My guess is they're saying they own neither caliper, nor fabric tape

·
13,082 Posts
do you have a crescent wrench? open the jaws and slide around frame rail. Now slid it off and measure the opening. By the way if you out foot pegs on frame your legs will get extremly hot from the motor

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My guess is they're saying they own neither caliper, nor fabric tape
Oh yeah. Duh. I should have figured that out :) A ruler help up and eyeballed or the adjustable crescent approach someone else mentioned or just cut the proper size notch from a piece of cardboard and measure the opening all would work... assuming the inquirer has a ruler or tape measure.

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Wrap a strip of paper around it and mark where it overlaps. Measure the length and divide by pi. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NO..I don't own a Micrometer or a cloth measuring tape..Wow! I thought I was asking a fairly simple question. It wasn't in my manual and I got wrong info from a website that sold me highway pegs

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Yes we have pi here. Would you like yours warmed with ice cream?

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Ooooh, aren't we touchy. We tried to help (with a side of humor) and this is the thanks we get?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you have a crescent wrench? open the jaws and slide around frame rail. Now slid it off and measure the opening. By the way if you out foot pegs on frame your legs will get extremly hot from the motor
Thanks, That's a Great Idea!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Even a simple flat tape measure you can eyeball the diameter. Hopefully you get it figured out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts