Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has come to the point that I will have to sell 1 of my bikes to pay some medical bills for my wife. I had hoped it would not get to this but it looks I may not have a choice.
I have my 07 ultra Classic and my 2011 XC for sale.
If any one knows of some one that may be interested let me know.
07 Ultra, loaded $13,500 entirely too much to list. I can send photos, and list of options that it has.
2011 XC with passenger/rider back rests; +2 handle bars; IPod connectors; infinity kappa speakers; extended warranty
3,100 miles
$15,000
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I hope your wife gets better real soon. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. Good luck with the sale and I hope your wife gets better soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So sorry about the issues here Dirtdobber.

Sent you a PM about the XC sale. Maybe I can help you with a sale and a buddy with a purchase.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
DD,
I wish your wife the best and hope that her she gets well soon.

It's too bad that you have to sell but life doesn't always deal the good cards. Hopefully you'll sell quickly so you can take care of your unfortunate obligations. Bikes can be replaced; things will eventually get better and you'll be able to buy another.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Keep the faith DD. Best wishes that everything turns out O.K.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's in God's hands, the best of the best.

Thank each of you for your thoughts and help.
I will get another chance later on to get a another Victory, and I will.

We will still be able to ride when she gets well enough to ride.
We had reservations for Helen but had to cancel it. If any of you guys go stop by the "Trail of Tears" tent and say hey to Charlie, Joanne, Jim, and Dee. Especially the big ugly Guy. He is my cousin and they are great folks and doing good work to help with college funds. Pick up a T-shirt while yer at it.

DD

·
Registered
154 Posts
Best wishes to you and the missus Dirt. We'll raise a toast to ya in Helen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very sorry to hear about you wifes health issues dirtdobber. I understand what your going through. Me and the wife have both had our share of health issues over the last 4-5 years. Luckily we were able to keep our bike and continue to ride. I hope your wife gets better real soon, and you can both get back on the road again. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well momma is improving better than expected. Each day her response to the treatments are better than we though they would be.
Yes I do love My Ultra. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. Though out each persons life, bikers, there is at least 1 bike that fits them better than any others they have own/ed the Ultra is mine.
It seems we are going to get more insurance through the Army. I'm retired 11-B; 11-DE. It will take a few weeks to get it started. I sold a house I had in Rossville, Ga. which got us caught up on UAB with some change left over.
I am keeping the bikes for sale for now but if the insurance comes though, I'm pretty confident it will, I will keep them.
I have received a few offers which none at this point was worthy for a sale.
Thank you all for your support and prayers.
Keep momma in your prayers.

dd

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
That's great news, dd thumb up

We will keep Momma in our thoughts and prayers. Make sure you take care of yourself too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like things are improving with your wifes situation. I am hopeful for a positive outcome for her health issues dd. In our thoughts and prayers today, good luck . Mike

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This what the doctor said when I hemed em up and asked for the bottom line. No more sugar coating things, I'm tired of that.

"We are doing maintenance at this point because the cancer is in too may locations to cure with radiation and chemo. There will come a time that maintenance will not help. You need to understand this."

I have her now and that's all that matters today.

We hope to get in her first ride tomorrow if it doesn't get blistering hot and if it does we will ride later in the evening some. Not long mind you just a short ride. She is ready for a ride. It's therapy for her just like it is for us.

dd

·
Premium Member
13,151 Posts
Give her our best DD. I hope she isn't suffering with pain and not too terribly tired all the time. Sure wish the feds would make pot legal nationwide as a medicine. I hear it really helps people with certain conditions. I never really liked the stuff personally but I know people who have benefited from it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dang...

though i am certain you already do....count every minute and make it the best you can...easiest thing in the world to say and the hardest to do...remember the why in what you do....best thoughts form tucson

1 - 19 of 19 Posts