Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 3rd bike has found its way into my life... :giggle: This one is a new 2019 GPX FSE250R . With winter here and the Vic in storage I've been only riding off road and to tell ya the truth, I enjoy off-road \ enduro riding more than the road(which is why I haven't had much to say in here lately :censored:}. My off-road skills have improved to the point that I need an upgrade(more power and better suspension) over my current Pitster Pro XTR250....So that's where Egg Roll comes in....a more capable off-road machine to rip up the trails and further improve my riding on over the next couple of years.
Yes, I have cool wife that let's me build motorcycles in the house...but no playing with fuel, oil or doing wheelies ;)
Arrival

Coming together

Together

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
That's one good looking bike!! Looking forward to seeing your opinion. Seen quite a few out yesterday.

Reactions: PaiN

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
So, what will become of the fabled Pitster?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
Well winter motorcycle assembly is not a bad hobby. What are you going to assemble next winter? ?

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
I want to get into offroading too but not on a bike. Been there done that but I do think it would be fun to do it in/on a quad, Jeep, or 4Runner. Sadly my two 4Runner's are 2wd. Been thinking about selling one to get a 4wd. I like Jeeps but dang; they are expensive to buy, fix up, and repair.

I'm not familiar with the GPX brand. Is it made in Japan?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, what will become of the fabled Pitster?
I don't 100% know yet. I'll likely be selling it in the spring but I kinda like idea of having a back up dirt bike. There's also the possibility of me using it as a commuter for work. Chances are I'll just sell it.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well winter motorcycle assembly is not a bad hobby. What are you going to assemble next winter? ?
A macrame wall hanging..... of a motorcycle :LOL: :LOL:
I want to get into offroading too but not on a bike. Been there done that but I do think it would be fun to do it in/on a quad, Jeep, or 4Runner. Sadly my two 4Runner's are 2wd. Been thinking about selling one to get a 4wd. I like Jeeps but dang; they are expensive to buy, fix up, and repair.

I'm not familiar with the GPX brand. Is it made in Japan?
Around here there are no areas to ride quads or 4x4's. Its funny because I see SO many decked out lift-kitted Jeeps with huge off-road tires and there's not a sigle place to go with them. Posers all ;)
GPX is the new generation of quality built Chinese bikes, like the Pitster. ..Hence the name "Egg Roll"

Reactions: MaddogUSMC and BBob

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Well if it snows there at all then those posers will get chance to show off a bit more and hopefully those 4-wheelers can get up to freeway/highway speeds to go where there is someplace to offroad.

We have posers here too. All decked out with the tires, jacks, and winches but not a scratch on any of it. Out here we call those scratches "Arizona Pinstripes".

There are some interesting offroad and rock crawling videos on YT. Rock crawling and bog hogging doesn't appeal to me but venturing out into the country with food, extra gas, tools, and a few parts does. For 95% of the time the 4wd drive isn't needed but that 5% still does to keep going.

Should be a lot of fun to motocross your new bike. If I didn't have 3 lower back surgeries under my belt; I'd consider it too. Do you have organized tracks there or do you have to travel a ways to get to the country too? A new nearby dirt track/motor sports/rodeo grounds out in the country just opened up here because the fairgrounds (in the middle of town) was getting complaints from the neighbors for the noise and dust. This new track has scramble cars racing too. I'm sure it will expand over time to include some kind of 1/8th or 1/4 mile track for straight line racing too. Maybe even put in some asphalt at some point. That's my hope anyway.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Doorway wide enough? Or did you build a boat in the basement? :)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@RICZ .... rolled it right in the front door. :D

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made a video ..of course ;)

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
Hopefully those are the decent Chinese tools in kit and not the ones that bend into an L when you try using.

Nice looking ride. :)
Waiting for the pics/video of it running outside of the house.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully those are the decent Chinese tools in kit and not the ones that bend into an L when you try using.

Nice looking ride. :)
Waiting for the pics/video of it running outside of the house.
The bike is very well put together and the tools are top notch.
In full disclosure, I found a problem with the rear shock(a seal), GPX sent me out a replacement but removal and install are my problems...I used some of the tools in the kit for the job of removing today and they were excellent.
20200125_131325.jpg 20200125_131329.jpg

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@BBob .... I never get "that look".. She knows its temporary and unlike most guys, when I clean up....its like nothing ever happened ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey BBob, here is cheap off road riding at it's finest. 2WD only as well!

Reactions: PaiN

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I get paid to drive off road and have been for over 20 years. At my job we keep the trucks in 2wd for as long as possible and make fun of the guys who have to go to 4wd right when they leave the pavement. A 2wd truck with a locker/LS with the right tires can go 99% of the places a 4wd can go. I am not talking about rock climbing in Utah or finding the biggest mud hole you can sink a vehicle in but normal woods road stuff that the majority of the "off roading" public will face.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Pain,
You need to ditch those new Chinese bikes and go for some vintage Japanese 2-strokes! Been having a blast on mine since I got it fixed up a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts