Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met with @broggyr last night for dinner, it was a pleasure meeting you!!!

I met with @RICZ a while back and had lunch with him, again it was a pleasure meeting you and learning a few things from you.

I almost met @ScabbyDoo when he was in town but it didn't quite work out, next time for sure.

I've ridden with @BenD, @jokerman, @Jamming and @Tarzan.

Lesson here, the best people ride Victory Motorcycles and those people Polaris can't kick to the curb. Pretty cool when a motorcycle builds friendships.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
It was my pleasure to have met you too, Vindex. I have always maintained, that since they came out, especially with the Cross bikes, that Victorys are the thinking man's bike. That's why you meet quality people who ride them. One generally buys a Victory for intellectual reasons rather than emotional ones, or God forbid, peer pressure which causes one to buy the wrong bike for the wrong reasons. When I see a Victory rolling down the road, I know I am seeing a rider with good taste and common sense. We are entitled to feel proud.

·
Registered
742 Posts
This Victory family will get smaller, more exclusive and more clannish as time goes on, and I hope to continue to meet many of you.
I was watching a Hot Rod show recently where the vehicle owner had his classic muscle car since it was new, over 45 years, seeing it through several incarnations from grocery-getter to drag racer to yard-art, and was finally ready to resto-mod it to its original appearance but with modern running gear. It gave me a warm feeling to know I could do the same with my Victory if I chose to because it's a guaranteed classic now! I've got all the time in the world to hop it up, drop it down, trick it out, and make it like nobody else's. I really like that idea :)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
It was great to finally meet ya @vindex1963. I've met a few folks from here and everyone has been awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
It was my pleasure to have met you too, Vindex. I have always maintained, that since they came out, especially with the Cross bikes, that Victorys are the thinking man's bike. That's why you meet quality people who ride them. One generally buys a Victory for intellectual reasons rather than emotional ones, or God forbid, peer pressure which causes one to buy the wrong bike for the wrong reasons. When I see a Victory rolling down the road, I know I am seeing a rider with good taste and common sense. We are entitled to feel proud.
Aussies call that pissing in your own pocket:grin

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Probably because of the warm feeling :D :D

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I guess I have wet and warm pockets. But I never met a Vic owner that said I got one cuz my buddies ride them.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Hahahahahaha why the hell would they call it that?????
Must be purely Australian saying then.
If Im building you up, saying all nice things about you to your face then I'm said to be "pissing in your pocket".
Usually Aussies put **** on thier mates all in jest of course....like "youse blokes are all a pack of drongos" would be more likely then telling yas all how great you are.
Id be pissing in yr pocket!:devil

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I met broggy once ... :grin

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Honestly, I've meet up with many forum members.... Brian from CT, Brian from MA, Brian, form NY, Jody, Joe, Ron, Rick, Bill, Ken, Ian and probably some more....All have been great guys and I've made some friends and riding buddies. None of them has **** in my pool or pissed in my pocket and its been worth every coffee :D

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I almost forgot about the guys from the "other" forum.... Peter, Bob, Fred, Ed, Bobby and Darren .... cheers

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
You pack of drongos are always welcome to visit me DownUnder too!
I wont piss on yer pocket, as long as you dont **** in my pool.
Actually I ain't got a pool:eek
Know some great freshwater swimming holes though if the oceans too salty for ya!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts