Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In honour of our brothers riding in the sky.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pix...just got home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I missed one...
And doubled others.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See the Green Hammer above, was ridden by a bloke heading south I got talking to him on the way to one of our club rides early this year.." hey mate! ya wanna go on a group ride?...follow me!" I said at the traffic lights.....he did, ended up joining up and has been coming on our runs ever since:smile
Today at the meeting point before the run , he says to me "I just saved my bike..they were gonna write it off"....WHAT!!! I said:eek
He dropped it at low speed manuevering on the last poker run...slight damage about a match head of paint missing off the tank and a tiny ding in the front fender, a slight scratch on the exhaust...a broken front blinker....8,500 damage!
Victory dealers done the repair quote..
5K for the tank, 1.8K for the fender and the exhaust and blinker bringing up the rest.
And they would have written it off given current market value of it would be low and itd be classed as an Unrepairable Write-off by insurance so unless one gets a new frame its only worth is parts...how ridiculous!
Anyway he told the insurance that he didnt want it written off and to give him $800 to get the tank repaired himself...that brought it back into the realm of being repairable.
Oh and theyre gonna fit a 'performance' stage one pipe system....
I suggested he get the cash off em and buy a proper performance system but they wont come at that, no way.....

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Looks like a good time. I would love to visit Australia. I have worked with their Army. Have known several living where I live. One was a engineer working for a electrical power company I was. I retired a couple of years before him. He took his retirement and went back to Australia. I have watch several television series from Australia. The one I remember the most is about a family ranch in the outback. But generally by my observation. The only real deference is or accents and slang. The Australian army did love to fist fight, that was forty years ago though. I have heard several good story's about the Australian army in Vietnam and how well our troops where treated in Australia on RR during that time.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah youre pretty well spot on there mate.
Place is changing but and sadly the youth becoming more Americanised, MacDonalds, hats on backwards, crappy rap music and shitty attitudes abound.
Halloween never existed here when I was young.
Times change, everyone I ride and associate with are still fair dinkum Aussies but😎

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Oz is on our bucket list and has been on mine since the late 1950s when I was a swabby stationed in Hawaii (I know, tough duty) and would hang out with Aussie sailors whenever one of their ships came in. I was married to a red head then and those guys called her Bluie - slang for readhead. They were a fun loving bunch and they turned me on to your country.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you look me up when youre here.
I'm 5 mins from Coolangatta airport, can pick you up.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Make sure you look me up when youre here.
I'm 5 mins from Coolangatta airport, can pick you up.
Can we pitch our tent in your yard? :grin

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My yard is concrete hard to bang the tent pegs in but you can try..
In exchange for mowing it😁
About to get on my glorious steed and ride south to Bathurst to flag marshall at the races the Mt Panorama.
Victory--We Ride!

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I just read an article about Bathurst in a car mag I get. I don't believe in free lunches - be happy to mow your "lawn."

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At Grafton for fuel and coffee and pee.
Nice Caddy chop delivery/hearse maybe
Zoom in just got it.
On the road again.
Victory-- We Ride!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just read an article about Bathurst in a car mag I get. I don't believe in free lunches - be happy to mow your "lawn."
Best car mag Australian Muscle Car if you can get it.
I got every issue.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
It was Motor Week...which arrives every two weeks. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts