Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed a Memphis Shade Batwing fairing on my Jackpot. It was easy to install, looks awesome and does a great job of blocking the air. I went with the 7 inch windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ordered my Batwing 2 day

Just installed a Memphis Shade Batwing fairing on my Jackpot. It was easy to install, looks awesome and does a great job of blocking the air. I went with the 7 inch windshield.
Just ordered one today w/ the solid black 5" shield. $350 fairing, shield & black brackets. Didn't go with a trim piece for now. Would like to add the pouch, but appears to be a possible clearance issue with the speedo, according to the memphis site.
Glad the bike is black, maybe I won't have to jump in and have it painted right off the bat.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone have pics w/batwing on!
Here ya go..on a hammer '06... Love it.. I've since added the lowers and the cross country front fender to comlete the look. Ignore the junk in the garage....
cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lookin' Good...Can't Wait

These look great on both bikes. Glad to see they came out with fairings made specifically for these models, and not a "one size fits most". I like the way the stock bars seem to be in the right position behind the fairing. Not a fan of fairings with ape hangers, or any other bars that stick up above them. Just doesn't look right to me.

My previous bike had a shield, and I now have one of the black superfly shields. Missing the air & bug deflection, and I think the all black setup w/out the trim will look good with the black forks, ness rad mirrors, etc. Helps cover the chrome headlight & speedo housings too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Brown Santa is here

Fairing just delivered, put the shield and brackets on here at work. Will install @ home when I get the garage warmed up.
FYI, the "black hardware" kit only provides black brackets that mount to the fairing. The fork clamps are polished stainless :( Not like I'll ever remove the fairing unless it gets really hot.

Quality looking product and hardware, with plenty of adjustments built in for lining things up and getting the angle you want.
Pics when complete.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nuts on backwards

I did suit up and take it for a test spin @ 30 degrees. Money well spent!
Noticed I'd put the windshield nuts on the outside instead of the inside...fixed that.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I'm a little surprised at how good all these bikes look with the MS batwing on them. Really gives them another dimension.

Now ya'll just need some nice big saddlebags and maybe a back rest w/rack for the Winter and you're all set, eh.

We always have more chit to carry in the Winter it seems like ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Other options

I'm a little surprised at how good all these bikes look with the MS batwing on them. Really gives them another dimension.

Now ya'll just need some nice big saddlebags and maybe a back rest w/rack for the Winter and you're all set, eh.

We always have more chit to carry in the Winter it seems like ...
I know it's handy to have bags but seems like a waste to cover up $2000 billet wheels. On those occassions when I must carry something I have a contraption mounted under the passenger seat that I leave on all the time. It is 4 D rings that I can use to attach different bags, straps or cargo net to the passenger seat depending on the need. It is made by Willie & Max and is called the Hooker. Even when I leave the house without anything on the bike I leave a couple of Velcro straps tied to it just in case I see a deal I can't pass up.

http://www.willieandmax.com/products/Mounting_Brackets/detail.cfm?item=58622-00

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm with you on the bags...they are about the only thing I miss from the Road King, but I can't see covering up that good looking fender, rear wheel setup.
I'll find a bag that I can secure to the luggage rack if needed and bolt it on.
Can't really do a windshield bag on this setup as it would pretty much block the view of the speedo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts