Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone consider mounting Memphis Shades batwing fairing to your Gunner? If it fits kingpin will it fit gunner?

·
Premium Member
12,998 Posts
Well, the Gunner does not have the same front end as the KP, but the HighBall is pretty much the same I think. Can't be sure though. Never had either one.

Having said that; just my opinion but I don't think the MS Batwing fairing would look right on either bike. Sure it would work but it would be like putting lipstick on a Ferrari. It wouldn't do the Ferrari any good and the lipstick wouldn't feel right either.

Have you considered one of the more streamline windshields?

·
Registered
100 Posts
it's not the fairing but the trigger lock mounting kit that would be different, specifically the clamp size. MS lists two different part numbers 2321-0161 for Vegas, and 2321-0159 for Kingpin\Hammer which have the same forks. The Vegas clamps fit 43mm forks, the Kingpin has 50mm I think. The clamps are adjustable to a slight amount, the Vegas clamps looked like they would fit 40 - 46mm forks. The Kingpin clamps are the same design so I guess they fit a range also.

You could measure the Gunner and see what it has.

I had one on my Vegas and thought it looked pretty good. The only other thing that might be a problem is the location of the speedo, you might have to relocate it.
To accommodate the speedo on the Vegas, the mounts pushed out a bit further which made the fairing appear a little too far forward.

Other than that, it worked well, was rock solid and easily removed. Plus MS has great customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts