Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Vegas. The mounting kits sold by Memphis Shades list 04-12 Vegas but not the 2003. Is there a difference or is it just an oversight?

Thanks is advance!

Ricky

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I've answered my own question. The mounts sold by Victory fit all years of the Vegas so they must be the same. I was worried the forks were a different diameter or something.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Email them what you have and let them find out for sure, are your forks stock? Most forks are the same it is just how they mount is a little different. Turn signals and bolt hole sizes are different, but most manufactures leave it the same because cost is the bottom line. Redesign cost money..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Email them what you have and let them find out for sure, are your forks stock? Most forks are the same it is just how they mount is a little different. Turn signals and bolt hole sizes are different, but most manufactures leave it the same because cost is the bottom line. Redesign cost money..
Thanks. I did email them but haven't heard back yet. The ones Victory sells fit all years so I'm thinking they are the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called them and they said their mounts won't fit an 03 but wouldn't tell me why... I'm over that company!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
how big of a shield do you need? The one I just bought will fit one inch bars with no problem, it will keep the bugs and air off your face. 2 little twist bolts and the shield comes right off. Easy on easy off. Just takes a little time on set up to get it where you want to mount it on the bars. The bar clamps stay on the bars and the shield slides out of the holes, walla you can ride with or without..Good price too. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Windshields/Slip-Streamer-Spitfire-Sport-Shield-S-06-for-2000-2009-Victory-Motorcycles/177923.html here is the link..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how big of a shield do you need? The one I just bought will fit one inch bars with no problem, it will keep the bugs and air off your face. 2 little twist bolts and the shield comes right off. Easy on easy off. Just takes a little time on set up to get it where you want to mount it on the bars. The bar clamps stay on the bars and the shield slides out of the holes, walla you can ride with or without..Good price too. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Windshields/Slip-Streamer-Spitfire-Sport-Shield-S-06-for-2000-2009-Victory-Motorcycles/177923.html here is the link..
Thanks but I already have one of those. I need a full size shield. I found one made by National Cycle. I'll post a pic when I get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts