Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Found one for my 07 vegas .Not getting anybfeadback here . Probably going to order one of these with mounts. Any ideas?
Are you talking about the windshield or the fork wind deflectors?

I use the fork deflector mounts and some aftermarket plexiglass pieces on my KP. They work well if you angle them correctly.

I had a MS windshield on my JP that I think looked good and functioned well.

By the way; if you get a deal on the two into one Victory "performance" pipes you see on the JP; take a pass. They are junk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobb talking about winshield . I,m thinking about non handlebar mounted that can be removed I don't think I want it on only at extended highway speeds That wind wants to push me off the bike

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had a Memphis Shades quick disconnect windshield on a 07 Vulcan. It was a quality piece. I got it with a teal shading as my bike was that color, looked good. A year or so after I bought it I noticed some bubbling that looked to be kind of between layers. Contacted company and they were very good about warranty on it. If I had a "naked bike" I would consider one again. The QD was nice because you could take it off and clean around it. I did not ride without it, but you could.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Bobb Did your jp mounts attach to fork tube or handle bars. Was on the phone earlier with Motosports they didn,t know Will call memphis Shades tomorrow
Fork tube. I couldn't remember so I went and looked for some old pics of it hoping to see how it was mounted and it was definitely upper fork tube mounted.

I only had the bike for 3 months before I traded it in on a Cross Country.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
So it mounts between the upper and lower braces on the tubes ?
The best thing to do, other than talk directly with MS, is to blow up the pictures so you can see the upper fork area with the mounts.

I went to the MS site and was surprised they didn't have pictures of the mounts posted. Very strange.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In the beginning I had the basic clear shield from Victory. The buffeting from it was terrible. With the addtion of the lower wings helped. We installed a Batwing fairing on my girlfriends KinPin and the differance was night and day compared to mine. I ditched the basic shield and installed the Batwing. There are three heights that Mempis Shades offer. I started with the middle height but ended up with the lowest height. On longer rides I would sometimes put the higher shield on. I am 5ft 6 in so your experience may be different. The wind protection was great with the Batwing and their shields. Not sure about another brand of shield that may be made for the batwing.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You can cut down a tall shield. But will play hell trying to add on to a short one. LOL

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
I cannot find a manual that's not very pricey. Anyone have one they dont need? Or the disk my Son can,t find the one he had
Howabout for free? In every one of my posts, in the sig line, there's a link to all kinds of info and free manuals. Just look around and find what best fits your bike.

This is the problem with accessing forums with only a cell phone. A lot of functionality is lost. Sure it works in a pinch but they are designed to be used with a computer.

I've heard some phones will let you see sig lines if you turn them sideways.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bobb Thank you very much . WaS able to find the link You referred to. I think it is a pdf file that will be on my laptop. Is that right? The only internet is my phone and the laptop is very slow connecting. Avian thanks much for Your help sir.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts