Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in Phoenix metro interested in a tech day?

I alluded to in another thread that I teach people to work on their BMW motorcycles to avoid the high cost of dealer services. I'm still learning my way around the Victory but I'm willing to host a tech day.
I've got a nice selection of tools, a lift, a couple of jacks for our bikes. a compressor and a little knowledge. I'm positive there's folks that know a hell of a lot more than me about these bikes and I'd love to learn more.

So what's a tech day you might be wondering? It's getting a few like minded people together for some simple maintenance tasks. Maybe your belt is squeaking, maybe you want to install a Lloyds timing wheel, some driving lights, etc. This a day to get together and do simple tasks. I don't mind someone doing an oil change, but you need to haul off the old oil. I also have a Nomar tire machine and static balancer. I'll do 1 set, but you're buying the beer and pizza for the group and removing the tires and hauling off the old tires.
This is not a day to do cams or heavy take apart motor maintenance ;)

This is as much a social event as a work day. it's always a lot of fun. It's starting to warm up here so maybe we want to do it in the Fall or we can do it in the Summer. I don't mind the heat.

So any interest? Post up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
At this time I am done with bike mods, but think it would be kool to come by and do like a meet and greet, or something?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still learning my way around the Victory. I'll be due for tires pretty soon. I'll post up when I do them, maybe some folks will want to come by and watch a tire change. I have a Nomar tire changer. When we did Speedblue's rear on his XR he showed me the rear suspension pivot pin that needs to be lubed when you pull the rear tire.

When I do the tires I'm hoping I can coincide it with an oil change and service so I can get the bike ready for an impending trip to Oregon at the end of August.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would be up for it,just let me know

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Jamming,

Does your garage have A/C ? (haha)

I've been trying to get a few things done to my XC in my new garage at the new house here, but unless I'm in there at 6am, it gets pretty tough after a couple hours. I put a thermometer on the wall, and it hits 100 by 9am in there. Actually the gauge only goes to 120, and its usually pinned by mid afternoon.

cheers

·
Registered
597 Posts
This is not the time of year to do it. There are 10 OTHER months!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I'd be interested. Also if anyone is so inclined I could use a helping hand on my trike conversion. I'd be willing to share a hand back in whatever work you need a hand with. I have a clean garage, a lift, commpresser and tools. Located in San Tan
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
169 Posts
WI realize this is an old thread but I'd be interested. Also if anyone is so inclined I could use a helping hand on my trike conversion. I'd be willing to share a hand back in whatever work you need a hand with. I have a clean garage, a lift, commpresser and tools. Located in San Tan
Thanks
Dan
sounds fun...my schedule at work is about to change, so I will have weekends off for about a month.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan, I'm in, that does sound like fun. What are you converting?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thanks guys! Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a 2012 XC salvage bike I picked up and am coverting it to a trike. Im using a Champiom trike kit.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes, let's get this thing going!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Hey i'm ready, i have most evenings and weekends free. Lets do this i wanna ride this thing. well after it gets back from paint.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Jamming your mirrors are waiting under my front arch.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Like I said I'm available most afternoons and weekends so whatever time you have is good with me.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dan, sent you a PM with my number, call me. I volunteered Speedblue too....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts