·
13,177 Posts
Do you have a Requires 3.50″ x 21″ rim

that what it says so what do you have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 21" wheel, just no idea how wide it is or how I'd find that out. To be honest I was more worried about fender rub.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
if your stuck on Metzeler...you need ME 880 in 90/90 21 size

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tire Size Calculator

Here is a good tool for calculating tire sizes and fitment.

http://pw1.netcom.com/~sgalaba/tiresize.htm#ustires

Type in the size of the oem tire (Original Equipment Tire), then type in the tire you want to use (Alternate After Market Tire). Also type in a Speedometer Reading (I use 70 mph). It will give you a complete breakdown of all dimensions.

BTW My wifes 08 Vegas front tire is a 90/90/21

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noe, Tony, thanks a million guys. Yeah, I'm really liking the Metzlers for the roads up here in NYC (a lot of ruts and grooves). I was hoping to go a little wider on the front for that reason, but I'll definitely go with the 90/90 880 up front and 200/50 in the back.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Will a 200 50 fit in the rear with no problems? Also, remember that different brand tires will run different sizes, like dunlops run real small compared to the advertised size.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It'll sit very slightly taller but there's tons of room under the fenders and between the swingarms.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Are you running a 200 now? Any pics if you are? I am interested!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet, but I'll post pics once I do the switch. I'm debating whether to do it now or at the end of the season. My front is worn but the back still has tread (6800 miles on the OEM Dunlops).

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As an update, I decided to just stick with OEM sizing for the rear based on multiple comments elsewhere on the forums... 180/55R18. Here's another dilemma though--while I saw some people have experienced no issues mixing bias and radial tires, I'd prefer to just go all radial. Metzeler's website isn't helpful and various sites seem to contradict each other, so I'll ask here hoping you guys have seen the tires in person: is the ME880 High Mileage Touring Front Tire (MH90-21) a bias or a radial? How about the ME880 Marathon XXL Front Tire (90/90-21)--is this a radial or bias, and does the XXL designation mean anything in relation to how it'll sit on the wheel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts