Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only got 9,000 out of my last rear tire a metzler marathon...put a Michelin Commander on couple days ago - feels great thus far - will report back on how well it wears, or hopefully slowly wears...cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I am a new Victory rider, the HD I traded in for the XCT, I put two sets of Commanders on it and was able to get over 15,000 miles. The bike, a 09 had 96649 miles on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure what the wingers use, but the Commanders I had on the HD, and got over 15,000 on them was mostly two up loaded riding and a lot of it on mountain roadways. When I need a set for my XCT I will get a set of Commanders again.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Had Great results with Mich Com II's on HD .. Can't Speak for Victory .. Last set on my Ultra had 12,000 on them when traded and still looked almost new ..

·
Super Moderator
4,989 Posts
Stayed with the original tires and I'm at 21,000 on this set.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
my original front done 20,000 kms thats 12,000 miles
tyre shop suggested Pirelli Night Dragons, said there'd been some problems with Metz Marathons getting cracks in the tread when I mentioned them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am done with Metzlers. I have heard good things about pirellis - they are reasonable priced as well. I think they make the HD tires also - they have very similar tread patterns.
When my front tire goes (B F Goodrich) I will put on a Commander up front as well - looking forward to alot of riding this year! I am taking off for 3 days up the CA coast leaving tomorrow morning. The weather is bizarre nice - it's going to be 68 - 70 degrees this week in that area cheers

·
13,047 Posts
Only got 9,000 out of my last rear tire a metzler marathon...put a Michelin Commander on couple days ago - feels great thus far - will report back on how well it wears, or hopefully slowly wears...cheers
So how often do you check your tire air pressure. You can only check them when cold.
Do you use a gage or one of those pencil sticks that are not accurate.
You should check your tire once a month and when the temp's get over 95 check every two weeks.
I check my tires the first of every month and there is a good 3 pound loss every month
If you put no effort into keeping the right air pressure in them yes they don't last

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So how often do you check your tire air pressure. You can only check them when cold.
Do you use a gage or one of those pencil sticks that are not accurate.
You should check your tire once a month and when the temp's get over 95 check every two weeks.
I check my tires the first of every month and there is a good 3 pound loss every month
If you put no effort into keeping the right air pressure in them yes they don't last

I have a digital guage and try and check weekly - before moving the bike...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts