Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a tough time with the search feature. I have an 04' TC, the function switch and the set switches for the MFD don't work. They worked one time after I sprayed contact cleaner in the switch. How hard is it to open the handlebar assembly, and are there replacement parts instead of replacing the whole thing? Thanks for the help for the noob.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I am having a tough time with the search feature. I have an 04' TC, the function switch and the set switches for the MFD don't work. They worked one time after I sprayed contact cleaner in the switch. How hard is it to open the handlebar assembly, and are there replacement parts instead of replacing the whole thing? Thanks for the help for the noob.

Bike's 10 years old. Time to open up the assembly, blow air at it, and do some spring cleaning. Likely you don't have to replace anything, just clean out the cobwebs. cheers

See this thread for helpful info: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8503

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. That was my next step...I have never had one apart before. Wanted to make sure springs and parts weren't going to fly everywhere when I cracked them open. Can I put dielectric grease on it after cleaning? Will that help or hurt?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

It's not hard at all. Pick up some dielectric grease before starting. I used a small bit of 400 grit sand paper, cleaned the contact switch then alcohol and a ad bob the grease. Worked great. While your doing that any connector in the headlight bucket could use a refresh of grease too or the rainy night might get ya some weird indications. Lol. I have never had a problem forcing me to open the right switch but the left gets a ton of use like you know.

If a second person is available to reassemble its helpful. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts