Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I switched form Vic oil....to Rotella T6 :nerd

that and I have set of Commander II's with over 9k on them. I'd say the wear is decent for the mileage they have.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I got a new dog.

Oh sure Pain; make me come back and edit my post why don'tcha...

Give it a shot Dill.

Remember you can only run a radial on the front if you are running one on the back. This is a bias isn't it?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
13,242 Posts
DillPickle311

you have read enough here so do you have a good air gauge.
How often do you check the air.
when it gets over 95 degrees you have to check every two weeks.
You check tire pressure when they're cold not hot.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Is that a radial or bias
The set I have are bias-ply, which causes my one major gripe with the Commander II's...At highway speed, under certain condition, these tires induce a slight wobble.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dill, You can get one for the front, but I don't think they make one in the correct size for your rear wheel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was unable to find a 180/18.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't see a rear tire. My Dunlop seems to be holding air well and the wear is not too bad. If it turns out a good number before I have to replace it, I'll get another D417.

I was going to get a Dunlop for the front but then came across this one and the reviews were so many and so good I was compelled to get it.

I truly believe tires, brakes, and oil are extremely important. There ain't another dill and there ain't another vegas like this one and we want to be around for a long long time. :D

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I was thinking of trying one in 21/90/90 thats your front Dill?
Whats grip like dry and wet on Comml ll's??
I had tyre shop fir a D207 V-Rod tyre to the back of my Vegas.
Its wearing real well since the dog hit me and bike is sitting stagnating at Victory Brisbane. Awaiting insurance repairs.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Your money your bike Dill. I would at least consider the D407. You can only buy them through a Harley dealership or online through one. I find tires and the whole process of taking them off the bike then down to someplace to change them out to be quite tiresome (Get it? :D) so I try to do it as least often as I can.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I'm in the house cooling off right now. Even with a portable swamp cooler out there; it's hot and sweaty.

Lots of hardware going on the XC this week. Hardly anything that shows though other than it being lower in the back and an ez pull clutch arm cover.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was thinking of trying one in 21/90/90 thats your front Dill?
Whats grip like dry and wet on Comml ll's??
I had tyre shop fir a D207 V-Rod tyre to the back of my Vegas.
Its wearing real well since the dog hit me and bike is sitting stagnating at Victory Brisbane. Awaiting insurance repairs.
Mine is 80/90-21. Didn't know a 90/90 would work.

I hate that the dog messed up your ride and hope you are not out too much $$. $500 is not much but if you are like me, you need every penny. I'm having to cough up a lot of $$ right now on a bad mistake that I made.

Last time I had to get ins repairs on a different bike, took over 3 weeks to get bike back. I was chomping at the bit!

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
I tried them and they didn't last any longer than the E3s

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your money your bike Dill. I would at least consider the D407. You can only buy them through a Harley dealership or online through one. I find tires and the whole process of taking them off the bike then down to someplace to change them out to be quite tiresome (Get it? :D) so I try to do it as least often as I can.
I'm very tired of tires! :wink

Seriously! It sort of ticks me off we can get car tires with long life but not for motorcycles. Like buying a printer and you end up paying more to keep ink in it than the price you paid for the printer. They grab your crotch and you have no choice but to comply.:eek

I know there are some atv being produced with airless tires... they be ugly but are supposed to last a very long time.

It's all a gimick. Don't make anything last because you put people out of business. Make a drug that gets and keeps you high until you are done visiting your in-laws. One pill that could do this would put them out of business. :grin They want you to take a boat load.

Look! I just want a decent tire for my vegas that will last and not cost an arm and a leg. I check tires often. A bad spot or a cut could cost me. I want to be around long enough to drive my kids cray cray. :devil

1 - 20 of 55 Posts