Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a guy claiming to be from Microsoft technical support. With his heavy India/Pakistani accent he said he was calling because my computer was sending messages to the Microsoft server. My brother in-law had gotten the same call a month or so ago in Phoenix so I decided to hear him out to see where this went. After he had me run event viewer and said that my machine should have no more than 50 entries in it I had had enough.

Didn't have any more time to waste.

Get ready for a call from these guys. Not sure what their scam is but they are up to no good.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Yeah, we have had several of those calls and I string them along if I have the time. I do not do on the 'puter what they tell me to cuz I know the result will turn it into a drone for spamming or worse. When we get to the point where he thinks he has me suckered in, I pop up with, Does your mother know you are a bad boy scamming innocent people? Sometimes they try to tell me they are not and this is for real. Then my mouth can't help but emit the a-hole word. :)

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
My cad software sales rep actually had a message pop up on his one week old Toshiba laptop with a number to call Toshiba support. Well you can guess it wasn't really Toshiba support. Wanted 350 to fix his one week old computer. Needless to say he took it back to best buy and got another one.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
If it ain't from a known sender, I don't open it. Period.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If it ain't from a known sender, I don't open it. Period.
Even that can be trouble as hackers can make it look like it came from someone you know... and trust.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Sadly, that is true.

·
13,185 Posts
Had the same phone call as Joe with the same BS. I told him I'll take computer to Best Buy and have them fix it. He told me to open a program and he could fix it now. I said no best buy will fix it for free.
He hung up. I had his phone number and did a lookup on it and it came from a local number at Centurylink.
I did noth but he will never get to me

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My Mom fell for this bullshit last year , I was pissed , not at her but at these Fuckers . Took her for 100.00 . I don't take kindly to someone ripping off my 80 year old mother . If I could get my hands around this fella's neck , I promise he wouldn't last long .:mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Indian friend said his name was Steve Martin, he was one wild and crazy guy if he thought I was falling for that bullshit.

He wanted me to install a remote desktop client so he could access my computer and fix it. I told him to go eat a cow!

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Telling an East Indian to eat a cow, that's rich! Thanks Norm.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Haha I'm less politically correct. I had one of these assholes call me like 5 times in 10 min with a heavy accent I listened to his spill about wanting to give me a free government grant for 5k that I never have to pay back. I kept hanging up on them and finally he just starts yelling at me about how stupid and rude I was and why don't I want free$

After he was done I started yelling ahllalalala and allaakbar, would you like a squishi, thank you come again and boy did he get mad!
I kept asking over and over if he was alkida he broke down and started cussing at me telling me he is going to personally come kill and rape me and my whole family.
He told me they were going to kill Obama then I said really that wouldn't bother me I would be willing to donate to that cause where do I sign up. He kept calling me an infidel and American pig and said that alkida Russia and China are teaming up and there going to invade us in October and that's when he is coming for me I laughed and said go ahead you don't know where I am (just to see how much info he already had on me) and sure enough he had my address and everything.
So I kept saying I was sorry and wanted to join them because I like having sex with little boys and pigs too and that really got him mad he knew American swear words pretty good! Lol
So now we're over 20min into this argument my son is pissing himself laughing cause I had it on speaker phone for him to hear. I can kind of tell that there were a bunch of people around him in there call hut for a while now so I kept asking to join alkida with him for about another 10 min he kept getting madder and madder but wouldn't hang up on me he would go silent for a while till I got him mad enough to say something again. Finally over 30 min in to the call he told me that he was going to keep calling me everyday I said oh good I rather I
Enjoyed our little conversation and that maybe in a few days he would see that I'm serious and let me join. He finally says that he is hanging up now and I said wait wait we never discussed the free grant $$ yet so he accually started in in his little spill like nothing ever happened I told him I was sorry but could you call me back tomorrow he said yes sir thank you and hung up.

Well that accually stopped the calls for about a month or so and it was a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Haha I'm less politically correct. I had one of these assholes call me like 5 times in 10 min with a heavy accent I listened to his spill about wanting to give me a free government grant for 5k that I never have to pay back. I kept hanging up on them and finally he just starts yelling at me about how stupid and rude I was and why don't I want free$

After he was done I started yelling ahllalalala and allaakbar, would you like a squishi, thank you come again and boy did he get mad!

I kept asking over and over if he was alkida he broke down and started cussing at me telling me he is going to personally come kill and rape me and my whole family.

He told me they were going to kill Obama then I said really that wouldn't bother me I would be willing to donate to that cause where do I sign up. He kept calling me an infidel and American pig and said that alkida Russia and China are teaming up and there going to invade us in October and that's when he is coming for me I laughed and said go ahead you don't know where I am (just to see how much info he already had on me) and sure enough he had my address and everything.

So I kept saying I was sorry and wanted to join them because I like having sex with little boys and pigs too and that really got him mad he knew American swear words pretty good! Lol

So now we're over 20min into this argument my son is pissing himself laughing cause I had it on speaker phone for him to hear. I can kind of tell that there were a bunch of people around him in there call hut for a while now so I kept asking to join alkida with him for about another 10 min he kept getting madder and madder but wouldn't hang up on me he would go silent for a while till I got him mad enough to say something again. Finally over 30 min in to the call he told me that he was going to keep calling me everyday I said oh good I rather I

Enjoyed our little conversation and that maybe in a few days he would see that I'm serious and let me join. He finally says that he is hanging up now and I said wait wait we never discussed the free grant $$ yet so he accually started in in his little spill like nothing ever happened I told him I was sorry but could you call me back tomorrow he said yes sir thank you and hung up.

Well that accually stopped the calls for about a month or so and it was a lot of fun!

That's the kind of story I love hearing... If more people knew what kind of vile humans most of those fucks are we wouldn't be in such bad shape. These bleeding heart losers in my country don't seem to give a **** that they have lost there cultural to Muslims from the Middle East.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts