Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife was driving back from Daytona-- I guess it was around 2 or 3 in the afternoon on Sunday. I was trying to sleep. At mile marker 58 about 100 miles south of Florence on I-95 in SC, there was an accident involving a few Harleys and one cage. It was raining kind of hard and debris was scattered everywhere. Traffic had been backed up for 2 miles she said. By the time she got me up all I saw was a Electra Glide in the woods in the median and and parts everywhere on the shoulder. It upset her really bad and she said there was more than one bike involved. Some guys on sport bikes had stopped, too. Anybody have any information on what happened and how the riders are? She said there was a helmet in the road--which we all know is not a good sign when you loose your lid on the interstate. I have been hoping for the best, but not expecting any good report.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evidently it is still at a stand still and they are detouring around the area now. All I have read so far.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That means they are conducting an investigation because there are fatalities. When they close down an area like that, they are trying not to disturb the scene while they work.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The helmet was probably not on the rider to begin with if it happened in SC, probably just strapped to the luggage rack. We've had 3 fatal motorcycle crashes up here in the last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts