Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Are you selling much of these for 2010s? I seem to see more problems posted here the newer the Victory.
Someone needs to get on Excel and make a table or something. I would wonder, particularly with these problems, about age versus mileage rather than model year. My bike just turned over 25k, I know Ric's is 30k, and I am NOT fastidious. However, I don't often use my bike to commute. That makes me think that, since once my bike is started it tends to stay running for extended periods. That would certainly indicate reduced wear on the starter and its components. As for the clutch cable, my clutch spends most of its time out. I might work gears a lot, but it doesn't typically have to sit pulled in for extended periods in traffic.

I wonder if there is a correlation here.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I guess I am guilty of being fastidious, maybe even OCD. I do enjoy doting on my bike and my car too. I was being good about keeping the clutch ends clean and lubed and figured the original cable would last a long time with that kind of care, and maybe it will. Then a couple guys said the clutch pull was significantly easier after they installed a Barnett clutch cable assembly. I had to have anything that will do that. I did and they were right, it IS easier.
Luci is right about a lot of short runs not being a good thing for bikes and cars too for many reasons which have been discussed here before.

·
Registered
82 Posts
2012 XCT Current mileage is 128,567KM (79,887 miles) I'll leave out things like wheel and stem bearings as I consider that part of the maintenance and I've done them on pretty much every bike I've ever owned. Outside of that I've had the following:

- Wheel Speed Sensor (11,000 km covered by warranty)
- Regulator (25,000 km covered by warranty)
- Trunk light, water seeped inside. (35,000km covered by warranty)
- Front Lowers, paint flaked (35,000 km covered by warranty)
- Rear Pulley, lessened chirping (35,000 km covered by warranty)
- Stereo Head Unit, display went (51,000 km covered by warranty)
- Clutch Cable (72,000 km not covered by warranty now have powertrain only)
- Rear Shock (80,000 km not covered by warranty)

I've been expecting my starter to fail as it will randomly come to almost a complete stop/stall sometimes while I'm thumbing the button before starting up again and firing up the bike. All failure mileages are estimated as I don't have my service log with me at work at the moment.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts