Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applaud polaris for extending a discount to active duty, retired veterans, and reservists... These men and women DESERVE this discount.

That said, I'm disappointed that the offer does not extend to those of us who are Disabled American Veterans. The dealers I've talked to said that they agree, but can't extend the offer to DAVs as they will end up eating the $1000. Polaris will not reimburse them in those cases.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I applaud polaris for extending a discount to active duty, retired veterans, and reservists... These men and women DESERVE this discount.

That said, I'm disappointed that the offer does not extend to those of us who are Disabled American Veterans. The dealers I've talked to said that they agree, but can't extend the offer to DAVs as they will end up eating the $1000. Polaris will not reimburse them in those cases.
I'd like to see them extend them to short people. We make less over our lives than our tall brothers. I would be satisfied if they extended them to bald people too. Statistically, we have less quality sexual encounters. cheers

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Pretty sure you can get the discount if you bring in your DD214. The veteran discount is not just for those who are retired.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't understand this post. Who denied you the discount?
If you are still active you get it and if you are retired you get it.
All that is required is proof of active (probably ID card) and or a DD214 if retired. Being disabled should fall into one of those categories. Active disabled or disabled vetern (retired).

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
ddharris,

I believe what the OP was saying is that he is pulling VA disability and did not get out of the military with 20+ years for a retirement.

Either way this has not been an uncommon issue as most dealers and even Vic themselves do not usually understand the difference between retired military and discharged.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe what the OP was saying is that he is pulling VA disability and did not get out of the military with 20+ years for a retirement.
Yes, that's pretty much it.
Disabled Veteran <> Retired
Disabled Veteran <> Active duty regular or Reserve
Disabled Veteran = out of luck for this discount.

The purpose of the post is to determine if all dealers are on the same page with this issue or not. I was hoping there was something that my dealership didn't understand about administering the discount.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Yes, that's pretty much it.
Disabled Veteran <> Retired
Disabled Veteran <> Active duty regular or Reserve
Disabled Veteran = out of luck for this discount.

The purpose of the post is to determine if all dealers are on the same page with this issue or not. I was hoping there was something that my dealership didn't understand about administering the discount.
Isn't disability a medical retirement? Don't you hold a retired ID Card?

Does this promotion apply to retirees, too, or just active duty?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't understand this post. Who denied you the discount?
If you are still active you get it and if you are retired you get it.
All that is required is proof of active (probably ID card) and or a DD214 if retired. Being disabled should fall into one of those categories. Active disabled or disabled veteran (retired).
You are a little confused in your understanding. Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, and Retired all have ID cards. Although you get a DD214 when you retire, you also get it if you separate without retiring. A DD-214 shows you are a Veteran but, as the OP stated, Victory doesn't give the discount to Veterans, just Active and Retired. There is also a difference between being medically retired and medically separated. I assume the OP was medically separated or he would have a retire ID card as well.

Personally I think the discount should be open to ALL Veterans even if the amount is reduced due to there being more people eligible.

$1000 Military Discount
You've got our back - now we've got yours! The FULL THROTTLE SALUTE honors our Armed Forces with an additional $1000 cash back on the purchase of any new Victory model. Available to all active, reserve, National Guard, and retired military personnel (proof of military service required at dealership).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
This question has been ringing in and out for over a year. As of April this year starcicty has been honoring DAV's with a 214, honorable discharge for the promo when offered. I would email them and see if they are still moving forward with it. www.starcitypowersports.com

That was from their general manager. If something changed, then it changed. Are all the dealerships on the same page... Im thinking not. Why? Maybe its just dealership structuring, not sure.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Personally I think the discount should be open to ALL Veterans even if the amount is reduced due to there being more people eligible.
+1thumb up

·
Registered
851 Posts
Guys,

I am a vetern. I only put in 5 years and 1 month and got out of the Navy when they were downsizing as part of an early out program( not 20 years retired). I showed my dealer my typical DD214 and I received the 1K discount. It should be there for him also.

Darryl
You were lucky. As stated on the website, you were not eligible for the discount since you aren't active or retired. Either the dealer didn't know or didn't care. If Mama Vic finds out your dealer will probably end up eating the $1000.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I am just getting ready to buy a new crosscountry, I served 4 years in the Army. Honorable Discharge. With a DD214 to show. I asked the salemean over a email if I could get this discount. I told him I was prior military and he said just show proof.

So I was planning on bringing him my DD214 and getting the 1,000 dollar rebate. I guess I can tell you next week if he does it or not. But I sure hope he does. I served my country honorably. I deserve this discount. 1986-1990. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hope it works out for you. Here is what is said on the Full Throttle Salute form
DEALER INSTRUCTIONS: To qualify, necessary information must be postmarked by October 15, 2013. Dealer must complete the following to redeem this coupon for credit on your Victory parts account. Send this coupon attached to the original sales slip, as well as a copy of the purchaser military ID to Polaris Rebates, 2100 Hwy 55, Medina, MN 55340.
RESTRICTIONS: $1000 USD or $1000 CND savings redeemable with proof of valid U.S. Military or Canadian Armed Forces ID. Coupon is not redeemable for cash. Military coupon can be combined with current promotions and apparel/accessory coupons. Cannot be combined with Demo, Protect and Serve or Show Coupons. Limit one coupon per customer. Offer is valid on full line of New Victory motorcycles. The program is available to all active, reserve, National Guard, and retired military personnel. Victory® and Victory Motorcycles® are registered trademarks of Polaris Industries Inc. Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing and obey the speed limit. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. ©2013 Polaris Industries Inc.
You MAY not get it with your DD214 (though I feel you should :mad: ). You can't combine it with the demo ride discount so IF they won't give you the military discount you could still get the demo ride discount.

I'm not sure how close you are but the demo truck schedule shows they will be here next:
8/21/2013 - 8/21/2013 Greg Coen Motor Co 151 MAIN STREET SPRINGFIELD OR 541-747-3525
8/24/2013 - 8/25/2013 Polaris of Portland 250 SE DIVISION PLACE PORTLAND OR 503-872-0000

At lease you could still get the demo discount. Last word I got was you get $1000 voucher for parts & accessories for baggers and $500 on all other Victory motorcycles. I assume that is still available. I'm not sure if that is only valid with the demo truck or if you can also get it by setting up a test ride via the website.

Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I hope it works out for you. Here is what is said on the Full Throttle Salute form

You MAY not get it with your DD214 (though I feel you should :mad: ). You can't combine it with the demo ride discount so IF they won't give you the military discount you could still get the demo ride discount.

I'm not sure how close you are but the demo truck schedule shows they will be here next:
8/21/2013 - 8/21/2013 Greg Coen Motor Co 151 MAIN STREET SPRINGFIELD OR 541-747-3525
8/24/2013 - 8/25/2013 Polaris of Portland 250 SE DIVISION PLACE PORTLAND OR 503-872-0000

At lease you could still get the demo discount. Last word I got was you get $1000 voucher for parts & accessories for baggers and $500 on all other Victory motorcycles. I assume that is still available. I'm not sure if that is only valid with the demo truck or if you can also get it by setting up a test ride via the website.

Good Luck!!!
Polaris of Portland or SK Northwest I think they are the same. That is where I was planning on getting my new 2013 CrossCountry(Midnight Metallic Flame). I was supposed to get the 2,000 dollar rebate, and the 1,000 dollar Military and an additional 500 dollar discount. They were going to match this brochure.

Since I'm getting the paint scheme the 15,500 goes up to 17,500. And if indeed the military discount is not applied. I'm back up to 18,500. UHG

So they also have a 1,000 dollar demo ride discount, that can be applied with the 2,000 dollar rebate?

·
Registered
851 Posts
So they also have a 1,000 dollar demo ride discount, that can be applied with the 2,000 dollar rebate?
Give em' a holler. The worst thing they can say is no :D

It might work out the best if you wait for when the demo truck is there for the most amount of discounts.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I am just getting ready to buy a new crosscountry, I served 4 years in the Army. Honorable Discharge. With a DD214 to show. I asked the salemean over a email if I could get this discount. I told him I was prior military and he said just show proof.

So I was planning on bringing him my DD214 and getting the 1,000 dollar rebate. I guess I can tell you next week if he does it or not. But I sure hope he does. I served my country honorably. I deserve this discount. 1986-1990. :rolleyes:
You deserve it? Odd choice of words.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
BTW,

I got the military discount. ;) thumb up :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts