Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading my new edition of Baggers magazine and came across this product that was tested on a Victory Cross country. A motor and transmission lubricant designed to impregnate the metal for less friction and improved performance. Although the test was short and not much was explained other than it added about 1 HP and 3 ft lbs. I wonder if it is safe to use in a shared lubrication motor like ours. Any thoughts? Anyone ever try it?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Save your money for more gas and simply enjoy the bike. Just another Slick 50 snake oil product. Technically, it 'could' have some merit. Practically, all it does is lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I switched my response over to the oil thread where this topic should have been discussed.

However, I'm actually surprised that baggers rag did a test on a shared oil bike like ours. No where on the Militec website does it mention safe for clutches. I e-mailed Militec with some questions regarding clutch operation after usage. In case anyone is interested.

Maybe Baggers magazine decided to use a Victory for a sacrifice bike instead of an HD? They did a DYNO test before and after and showed an increase in performance. I'll stick with my Amsoil 10/40.thumb up

·
Registered
781 Posts
I know nothing of this product, but seems like even the most eggregious frauds can do business for years before anything happens to them. Even when they do shut em down- it's not like everyone gets any restitution for any damages that may have occured, and all of their money back. Sylvania's recent rigged comparisons are a recent example, as are virtually ALL of the rust and dust bullshit sold in car dealerships. (Some of those products are actually pretty good- just not worth 1/10 of what they try to sell it for)

*flashback* What was the name of that stupid goo.. advertised as a polish or rust preventer... stood up to flaming pools of lighter fluid, salt water baths, and lasers, too.. :D It was probably from the same scammer company that whipped up Slick 50.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Thats okay!

I'm waiting for those little nano robots that we can pour in with our motor oil that does minute repairs internally and send us a status on our engine parts and what it needs. I think it will be called "Seaweed".
DP around here its call "Kudzu", and we have plenty of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts