Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some new mufflers from Drew and think that I saw something here that I may need to have my ignition reflashed. Is that so? And what is the down side to not doing it if it is?

·
13,177 Posts
you don't say what model or year. Shame on you.
You'll be fine. No need for re flash or any thing. Unhook both your 02's and ride .
Drew makes some good mufflers

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's new

you don't say what model or year. Shame on you.
You'll be fine. No need for re flash or any thing. Unhook both your 02's and ride .
Drew makes some good mufflers
Thanks for the advice.
2016 Cross Country Tour that I've ridden twice now. Up to a whopping 127 miles so far. But the stock mufflers super suck!

Damn winter weather!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I'm getting some new mufflers from Drew and think that I saw something here that I may need to have my ignition reflashed. Is that so? And what is the down side to not doing it if it is?
If all you're doing right now is mufflers, then you shouldn't have to do a thing. Once you start adding other goodies such as a performance filter, timing wheel, etc then you will have to either get a reflash or a tuner such as a Power Commander and a dyno tune.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the advice.
2016 Cross Country Tour that I've ridden twice now. Up to a whopping 127 miles so far. But the stock mufflers super suck!

Damn winter weather!
I love my miller mufflers.
If you don't have a high flow air filter you are fine not doing anything else. If you have one it would be running too lean and you risk damage to your motor, without changing the fuel mixture (fuel controller or now they can flash the ECM)
On a 2016 do not unplug your o2 sensors, it's a closed loop system and it will throw codes.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Your Vic is about to wake up...you're gonna luv the sound. No you don't need to tune just from adding mufflers, but you are freeing up some of the restriction from stock, without tuning compensation you may notice some minor changes like decel popping, extra heat and power delivery. A Lloydz hi-flow air filter and a fuel tuner like the PC-V with a professional tuning will do wonders in the future.
I had a set of Miller's but had to switch to the more baffled Tri-Ovals when I de-catted the exhaust.

·
Registered
536 Posts
+1 on the kudos for Miller Mufflers! I got the short baffles last year, haven't done anything else performance-wise for my XR and I love the exhaust and how it seems to make me happier. I don't have any decel popping or anything like that, so like mentioned above, you won't need to do anything else unless you start with messing with the intakes...

dude, you are gonna love the mufflers!!
:devil:devil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tri-oval or Millers

Just bought a new 2016 XCT delivery this week AND the stock sound sucks!!

I'm stuck between Drew Millers (I think the quieter of the two) and stage 1 tri-ovals.. I had a 2014 XC with RCX pipes Lloydz timing wheel , air filter, pcv and Lloyd dyno tuned himself. Can any one compare these two sound wise? I have heard the tri ovals not the Millers though. Love the tri oval look and sound great but $1000 great with some performance improvement...struggling.
What was the cost for the millers and also what did the shipping cost, I assume shipping costs2 ways???

I had well over $1000 in the parts in last XC set up, and then.... another $300 for Lloydz to tune, not sure I want to do it again
Thanks ahead.......... if anyone wants to comment.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just bought a new 2016 XCT delivery this week AND the stock sound sucks!!

I'm stuck between Drew Millers (I think the quieter of the two) and stage 1 tri-ovals.. I had a 2014 XC with RCX pipes Lloydz timing wheel , air filter, pcv and Lloyd dyno tuned himself. Can any one compare these two sound wise? I have heard the tri ovals not the Millers though. Love the tri oval look and sound great but $1000 great with some performance improvement...struggling.
What was the cost for the millers and also what did the shipping cost, I assume shipping costs2 ways???

I had well over $1000 in the parts in last XC set up, and then.... another $300 for Lloydz to tune, not sure I want to do it again
Thanks ahead.......... if anyone wants to comment.
Reach out to him on facebook. I believe he is around $275 shipped plus he charges a $100 core charge that he refunds you when you send back your mufflers. His price includes shipping to you and you pay the shipping when you send the cores.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I ran the Tri Ovals for over 40K miles on my CCT and loved them. But, at this point in time, do not pay $1000 for them. Many dealers are blowing them out at 50% off MSRP which makes them a very nice deal at $500. With the download card and the Victory Performance (K&N) air filter.

Raging Cajun, Miller, Gonzo Garage all make some excellent sounding mufflers out of your oem take offs. So don't sell them, hang onto them! After the Tri Ovals I went with a set of Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty and I couldn't be happier with the sound. They're everything the Tri Ovals are but a bit more. Not too much more, just a fuller, more enjoyable sound.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know a member here who still may have a used set of stage one mufflers he was willing to sell me at a good price. I already had a set lined up when he contacted me. They sound better than the stock mufflers but are by no means loud. The stage one mufflers were exactly what I was looking for since I didn't want to pay for Tri Ovals at the time. If anybody is interested pm me and I will send you his contact info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank for sharing your experience with them and the other suggestions. If you see some chrome tri ovals half price or a good deal please let me know,
I would will be all over them. Was talking with Drew today may go that route.. Do you have any suggestions for exhaust tips if I choose the re-baffel route?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I have the Victory Chrome Shadow tips on my CCT and love them. VicBaggers is an excellent source for exhaust tips as well. They have a large selection at fantastic prices. Getting oem mufflers recored is a great way to go. But installing the oem cone shaped exhaust tip will change (hinder) the sound compared to what a big open straight tip will sound like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OEM pipes not only sound bad but the stock cone or tip is not very appealing either. I had RCX pipes with straight out 4" diameter tips sounded great, deep but a bit of drone at cruise speed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I used some cheep 4 1/2" diesel truck tips on my Millers. To score double "Low Ball" bonus points!! Big muffs, for small bucks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I used some cheep 4 1/2" diesel truck tips on my Millers. To score double "Low Ball" bonus points!! Big muffs, for small bucks!
Those look incredible.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Smart!
I went with VicBaggers tips and Miller Mufflers $375 total, still can't complain about that and it's the sound I wanted

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Now thats the kind of mods I like. A thinkin mans way to make things work. Not just throw $$ at it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like that idea! Thats the look I want as well...they look great. Any place special to find them?
One more question on the millers.....any deceleration popping and, Miller makeso a couple different baffles which ones are you guys running?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts