Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS dash light has been on(as well as no ABS function) for a week and didn't reset with a cleaning of the sensors and rings. Yesterday, I decided to investigate further....didn't take long to find the problem :rolleyes:
I can't be 100% sure how this happened but it sure as hell looks like a slice by the brake disk...

Before I ran out and dropped $100+ on a new cable and sensor I wanted to try to fix and improve this. I grabbed my pack of Sopoby Heat Shrink Butt Connectors, some wide heat-shink, a length of same gauge wires and a few small zip-ties. I measured enough wire to move the route outside the swingarm to follow the brake line where it would be out of harms way. Then I got to work splicing in.
(**These Sopoby connectors are a must have if you're doing any electrical work....they are amazing)

I heat-shrunk over the new splices and then routed the wire to follow the brake line to the outside of the swingarm, away from any moving parts. I did a 100 mile ride after getting this done, all seems good with the ABS working normally.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I posted last year the exact same issue... Same damage.

No idea how it happened either but I totally rerouted the wire far from the brake disk.

IMG_20180830_155147.jpg

:eek

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted last year the exact same issue... Same damage.

No idea how it happened either but I totally rerouted the wire far from the brake disk.

View attachment 243607

:eek
I'm sure we can agree that the rear ABS sensor wire is not routed well. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did you recently replace your rear tire? That's when it happened to me so I thought I made some mistake.

My new routing seems to work fine with no sign of trouble. It does put it closer to exhaust but no worries about the brake disc. :)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't had the rear off in a while and I don't think it happened from the rear axle nut incident(came loose) either. It happened suddenly on ride a week ago.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hmm okay so that takes the blame off me I feel better now. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts