Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great stuff. You build a mount piece by piece. My kit took 3 parts. Very heavy duty and solid. I'll be using my phone- a GS4- as a navigation/music player/ride tracker/and (GaSp!!) a phone.. I know the features of MC specific NAV units.. I just don't think they are worth the money I've seen personally. Maybe someday.

Anyway- First 2 shots are close ups of the mount, then the view from my eye/ riding position with my empty phone case.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Me 2

I have the same setup and love it.
I have even recorded interesting parts of my ride using my iPhone, just swivel it around to clear the bars and shield.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking it might be cool to take the middle piece I have now -a double female extension- and :

attach one female end directly to the rear footpeg and on the other end a ball / camera mount.

Add a small HD camera, point it forward, and take off down my favorite twisty!

This would probably work too, but I bet they sell just the ball with the threaded mount.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I was just looking at these today on Ram's web site. No issues with bumps or jars with the clamp holding onto your device? Thanks for the pics because I wanted to see how it looks on a bike.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't tested it yet- winter still here. But everything I've read to date has indicated no such troubles. It's believeable. Those 4 feet on the X grip are VERY thick & grippy and the spring holds tight.

I pondered the idea of the phone getting squirted out of the case from the tension, but the more I moved it around-the less likely that seems to be.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have used many Ram mounts over the years on my boats , ATV's Snow machines with excellent results. They are a great product and do not shift. Very well made. On my bike I bought one of the under the clutch mounts from Victory and screwed in my Ram ball and went from there.thumb up

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was just looking at these today on Ram's web site. No issues with bumps or jars with the clamp holding onto your device? Thanks for the pics because I wanted to see how it looks on a bike.

Ride safe!
Ive got XGrips in all my cars and on 5 bikes. One of those is on my KLR650 dual sport. Ive tossed that bike on the ground, ass over tea kettled it thru the ditch, even rolled it end over end over an embankment (and into a small pond on the other side...oops).

My phone has ALWAYS remained in that XGrip. Its an amazing piece of equipment.

I actually wadded my Vision up hitting a deer......then again washing the front end out with some blown out pavement.......it slid quite a bit at 45 mph and tumbled a bit. Phone was still in place......XGrip aint no joke.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Power

Hi all, along the lines of this same topic, has anyone seen any solutions for powering an Android phone (Galaxy S3 in this case)? Something that runs power to the battery of the bike?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all, along the lines of this same topic, has anyone seen any solutions for powering an Android phone (Galaxy S3 in this case)? Something that runs power to the battery of the bike?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171275869765

I use this...smaller then using a cigarette lighter and then a charger.

Wire it to 12v then just plug a short USB cable into it.

If you nose around eBay there are a few different styles....some with 2 USB ports.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Ride safe!
I use a Ram mount to hold an old IPhone that I use as a GPS. I was worried when I first got it that it would keep slipping as I rode. These things are solid though, once you tighten it down it stays.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Isnt it bad enough with car drivers using phones txting and facebooking while driving...now bikers are doing it..
Whatever happened to riding a motorcycle focussed on riding.?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Isnt it bad enough with car drivers using phones txting and facebooking while driving...now bikers are doing it..
Whatever happened to riding a motorcycle focussed on riding.?
Who said anything about facebooking and texting? My phone is my GPS. I set a ride path before I leave the garage and I don't touch my phone again until I reach the destination. In fact, on most rides, I turn off the cellular network so calls can't interrupt the GPS display.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts