Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a solution for the 2008 Vision's mirror location? Mine give me a great view of my knuckles. I was thinking of sticking some of those ugly round little convex mirrors in the top corners of each mirror to overcome this shortcoming. Unless it is not legal, I would think that a double faced mirror would have been a great idea.

It is slightly frustrating not seeing behind me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
this is my work around, best of both worlds ...stylish and practical

the mirrors look smal, but once you get the right angle, it's all gravy :)

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you mount to? As far as I can tell my Vision doesn't have mirror posts. Most accessory web site exclude the vision when revealing which bikes the mirrors fit

·
Registered
82 Posts
got these mirrors from Arlen Ness, I believe the vision has a spot where you screw the 'bolt' adapter and then the mirrors...

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Another alternative is the blind spot mirrors. People mount the directly above the existing Vision mirrors. I notice the mirrors didn't do much good when I test rode a Vision a while back too. Some people are the right height or something because they have no issues with it. I dunno.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=3445&isc=612

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No mounting available

Unfortunatly, on my VISION, the brake master cylinder and Clutch lever housing don't have mirror mounting holes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks Lova been thinking of doing the same thing On my vision 8 ball 2011. Hate not seeing behind me. Got to see if that car or truck is going to stop or what.

·
13,235 Posts
lova
Saw another biker that put mirrors like yours and in the old mirror location he put in more speakers. Cool if you want the sound cranked up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Once you get used to the mirrors they work fairly well. At first I couldn't stand them, now I have no problem seeing whats behind me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the vision 8 ball and mounted a mirror on the right side and a GPS on the left. Mirror works great I can see behind me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never had a problem. I did adjust them by pushing in the center to where they worked. But as on all my vehicules,I've added two spot mirrors in the outer top corner. I've done this for years as I tow 5th wheel trailers and this helps a great deal.It does take a little time to get used too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
my one complaint

is the mirror placement. All I see are my knuckles too. A bit disconcerting as I have to duck and weave to see behind me which, in some cases might be too late. May have to do the extra mirror on the clutch/brake reservoir.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Aftermarket mirrors.

You can get the old fashioned mirrors that clamp to the handle bars like they us to in the old days. Probably find them in J&P Cycles, Dennis Kirk and others. Also some of the custom bike makers probably offer them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Might work if there were no passenger or trunk in the way.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Adjust your mirrors and ignore the 1/3 of the mirror that shows you your knuckles. The rest gives you a nice view behind you and the lane next to you. It is a lot like your car mirrors where 1/3 gives you a nice view of the side/back of the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I push the mirrors nearly all the way out to reduce blind spots. This is uncomfortable at first, but once you realize that your blind spots are almost non-existent, it gets easier to use. The position of the mirrors forces me to move my head a little more (I don't get complacent, which could be deadly) so that I see everything beside and behind me, including the positions that are traditionally blind spots (4-7 o'clock or so). This is an article that explains the theory. Yes, it is specifically about car mirrors, but the theory works on bike, too.

·
13,235 Posts
I think the mirrors are designed so you can see when changing lanes.
I have mine pushed all the way in on the most outer point. Kinda set up for blind spots.
As far as what right be hind me I move my head a very little bit to see whats behind me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts