Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an apparent lapse of judgment I joined the Victory Motorcycle Owners Facebook page.

I have never witnessed a community more rife with general unpleasantness and...just...dumb. It's dumb. So...much...dumb. And just...yeah.

Regret. So much regret. I wanted to get into the community a little more. Expected it to be more like the forum here. Certain measures of civility observed. Nope. And a lot of people seem to think it's Yahoo! Answers. There are like four oil questions every day. EVERY DAY. Do this people even know about Google? And they all go like this:

"Should I use Victory oil? What else is good?"
Comment 1: I use (oil X)
Replies: 40 reasons why or why not that's a good suggestion, a mass of inaccurate info, and a number of opinions on nothing important

It's kind of a bummer because I like seeing what other people are doing with their bikes, and learning about new parts vendors and whatnot. Not sure I can handle the rest of it though.

Even at its worst, this place is so much more pleasant. You dudes are all right.

Rant over.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Hi hi, I don't have facebook, but I did enjoyed your rant.... Can you see how many members on this facebook victory site? Like you can see here and on GOV ¿

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
@Luciferiad ...We are very special kinda people here :grin

·
Registered
141 Posts
So much to say, so little time. :D

Yeah, you know what they say. Opinions just like a$$holes, everybody has one and most stink. I stay away from facelift. Nothing but frustrated journalist wannabe's there that I can see. That's one of those times and places when the best advice for most is : Better to be quiet and have other's think you're a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. :crzy:

And @PaiN , dude, you just might be a wee bit too special. If that's you, I hope you lost a bet or there's a very angry wife in the background making you wear that outfit. :ltr:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use FB a lot but the groups kill me. When someone asks a valid question, right out of the gate the douche bags jump in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use FB a lot but the groups kill me. When someone asks a valid question, right out of the gate the douche bags jump in.
To me that smacks of ignorance attempting to cover itself in the form of contempt. For those who like to use that tac, I try to make it fun but drawing them out, then squashing them like a roach in the middle of an empty room. My wife says I'm mean. I consider it entertainment. Hell, why not just say, I don't know, or better yet shut up and listen. Might even learn something.

I don't know is almost becoming my mission statement at my age. But, then, I've always liked to learn something new.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
@PaiN , dude, you just might be a wee bit too special. If that's you, I hope you lost a bet or there's a very angry wife in the background making you wear that outfit. :ltr:
umm...that's not me, yellow is not my color....and neither is brown, I'm more like olive :wink

·
Registered
85 Posts
Pretty sure that's the Rock in a Pikachu costume

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
It's not just the Vic groups. It's EVERY group I have seen. It's not even limited to the groups. Just try posting ANYTHING whether it be religion, politics, guns, etc. Instant shitfight. Both sides are 100% correct and the opposing side are worthless douchenozzle morons.

I deactivated my FB account last week. I don't need the distraction and my productivity at home has actually increased.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It is possible that those posting there are knowledgable people trying to blow up that page and are just screwing around. You can always leave that group/page.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm Facebook land, I've learned to not share opinions. I either make a joke or cite a fact. And citing facts is almost as pointless, since people seem to think their opinions have a bearing on whether the fact is valid.

That's not how facts work, but for some reason I think other adults with be rational. I should do like Broggyr and just shut it downm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
"Should I use Victory oil? What else is good?"
Comment 1: I use (oil X)
Replies: 40 reasons why or why not that's a good suggestion, a mass of inaccurate info, and a number of opinions on nothing important
OH NO! NOT ANOTHER OIL THREAD! Please say it isn't so Luci. :eek

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sooooooo............do you oil you "bat" before the big "game". Hoping to hit that home run? Or do you just flail away happy to hit anything??

Is that ok for an oil thread? wac

·
Registered
888 Posts
I pop in on both forums every day (too many times) and I think both forums have had their very rare moments of testosterone stupidness. That can sometimes tend to happen in faceless discussions.

After the mash-up earlier this month things have settled down over there and all seems good. Maybe it just needs to happen once in awhile to make people realize we're all here just to talk and help towards a common goal. Riding one of the best bikes on the planet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the problem, and it's called face book
No kidding. I intentionally keep my facebook friendslist very small. I just wanted to see what other Vic owners were doing with there bikes, see if anyone was selling parts, looking for OE takeoffs, etc. What I got was the same discussions four times a day.

The page mod said it best though: Facebook is like Alzheimers. Everyone forgets what happened the day before.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's...i don't even know what to say about that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
What you say is; Lay your bike down and if your case gets damaged, it does not have a case guard. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
I like Faceboook it's been a great was to keep in touch with family, friends and old class mates. YOU choose what direction you go in I choose to avoid the drama but do read the Vic owners group and sometime post there, why not it's my choice to take it seriously, or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts