Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing my own research and comparing prices, I've decided to try the Mobil 1 4T 10W40 full-syn oil from my local Wally World. Price for 5 qts including tax is $53.94 versus $121.xx for 6qts of the Amsoil delivered. I just can't justify that amount quoted from the amsoil rep when the Mobil 1 4T is a very good choice based on specs I've read about. I bought a case of 12 Wix filters #51356 for $56.88 delivered, so the way I figure it, my savings are going to be quite good over the Vic oil & filters. Time will tell of course how this works out, but living on SSI, I gotta go with what I can find as both suitable for the specific needs as well as the economic part of it. thumb up

·
12,970 Posts
I pay $11.95 at Fleet Farm for Amsoil six mile round trip and I go right by my local dealer witch are pricks.
Mobil 1 is good oil

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have used T6 since it first came out and a 4 quart bottle plus a 1 quart bottle are less than $30 at Walsmart.

·
Registered
236 Posts
shell rotella t6 in almost every bike zero issues or problems/ btw less $$ then mobil 1

I have used T6 since it first came out and a 4 quart bottle plus a 1 quart bottle are less than $30 at Walsmart.

·
Registered
78 Posts
After doing my own research and comparing prices, I've decided to try the Mobil 1 4T 10W40 full-syn oil from my local Wally World. Price for 5 qts including tax is $53.94 versus $121.xx for 6qts of the Amsoil delivered. I just can't justify that amount quoted from the amsoil rep when the Mobil 1 4T is a very good choice based on specs I've read about. I bought a case of 12 Wix filters #51356 for $56.88 delivered, so the way I figure it, my savings are going to be quite good over the Vic oil & filters. Time will tell of course how this works out, but living on SSI, I gotta go with what I can find as both suitable for the specific needs as well as the economic part of it. thumb up
I know Victory suggest 20W40 oil, but looking in the manual they say that you should get at 180F, 3000rpms - 80 psi. And it looks like at 3000rpms at operating temps you should get at least - 40psi +/- 20%. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want to use a 20W50 oil it wouuld probably work fine. Also, could help lessen the shifting clunk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been using Mobile 1 for all my oil changes for 27,000 miles.(bike has 33,000) I have mostly used 20-50. No issues whatsoever!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I know Victory suggest 20W40 oil, but looking in the manual they say that you should get at 180F, 3000rpms - 80 psi. And it looks like at 3000rpms at operating temps you should get at least - 40psi +/- 20%. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want to use a 20W50 oil it wouuld probably work fine. Also, could help lessen the shifting clunk.
Read this article... http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm mnot sure if you agree or disagree with me, but I've read that article before a few times. I've been all over Bob is the Oil Guy also. The only thing that might pursade me that a 40 grade oil is better for our bikes is the lower operating temps ( my bike is 220 degrees ). But when the manufacturer gives you + or - 20 % at operating temperature then why not 50 grade oil, Especially in the hotter climates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts