Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard all the posts here but not much if any about if anyone
uses mobil 1 motorcycle oil.have used it for years in my bikes
and have some left. all the other powersports vehicles and mowers use rotella 5-40 syn and cars get mobil 1.dont get mad .just asking
who might use it.thanks!--irv

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
ive heard all the posts here but not much if any about if anyone
uses mobil 1 motorcycle oil.have used it for years in my bikes
and have some left. all the other powersports vehicles and mowers use rotella 5-40 syn and cars get mobil 1.dont get mad .just asking
who might use it.thanks!--irv
irv, you have to make sure you use oil for wet clutches, and it's always a good idea to follow the oil weight specified in your owners manual. If nothing else, different oil weight could be used as a reason not to honor a warranty claim down the road.

Other than that, the oil topic's been beat to death in the the Oil section of our forum - there's plenty to read there. thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
used it in a wet clutch vtx for 320000 miles. just that this oil
doesnt get mentioned. i know. ive read all the oil posts on a
lot of forums.sorry if i ruffled any feathers.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...sorry if i ruffled any feathers...
I hear you. We can't talk about oil like civilized human beings. The word itself triggers some innerbeast in us all. :ltr:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I used to use the Mobil 1 specific MC oils. Tried the 20W50 then after some reading I determined the high number is more important than the low number so I switched to the 10W40 Mobil mc. With all the hype about everyone using diesel oil because it doesn't have friction modifiers I decided to try the Mobil 1 5W40 Turbo Diesel oil and I have been using that for quite a while now. I also use Lucas FULLY SYNTHETIC oil stabilizer in everything I own with a motor. 8oz (no more) of the stuff is all that is needed in a Vic motor. I have a '10 bike and have NO noise in forth gear like so many complain, my bike is still shifting like butter even after over 3K (need to change oil) and I have never experienced clutch slippage on this bike or my Vegas from using this stuff. I have been a mechanic for several years and worked on a lot of different things and from that experience, all my vehicles only get Mobil and the synth Lucas.

·
Super Moderator
4,970 Posts
Bla Bla Bla opinions.

I recently did this one.
Test results not opinion.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
funny...a can of worms being opened sounds exactly the same here as it does on the Vulcan forums.

I've used Mobil 1 M/C oil in my Kawasaki since I bought it, mostly out of brand loyalty since I've had such good results using it in my cars, mostly in the realm of fuel economy. Can't speak to any such results in the bike, but no complaints either, except the price tag :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts