Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering, I know Victory recommends Victory brand oil 20w-40 in their bikes, however that being said, has anyone experimented with other oils. I've got a couple of cases of Mobile 1 vtwin 20w-50 that I have left over from my Buell.:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just wondering, I know Victory recommends Victory brand oil 20w-40 in their bikes, however that being said, has anyone experimented with other oils. I've got a couple of cases of Mobile 1 vtwin 20w-50 that I have left over from my Buell.:)
Use it, don't waste precious resources. Bumping up one grade, especially with a synthetic will not hurt anything.
george
ADG

·
Registered
275 Posts
Agree. Im running Amsoil 20w50 and the bike runs great. I noticed substantial improvements over the Victory oil.
The Amsoil 10w 40 would also be a good choice. One of my dealers Tim Werder has put over 100,000 miles on his bike and was the first biker to do so when Victory first came out and it was with using Amsoil.
george

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Amsoil 10w 40 would also be a good choice. One of my dealers Tim Werder has put over 100,000 miles on his bike and was the first biker to do so when Victory first came out and it was with using Amsoil.
george
Tim Werder just passed 200,000 miles on his victory a few months ago. Magazine writers will most likely be writing articles again on this feat like they did for his 100,000 accomplishment.
george

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am curious with the Mobil 1 V Twin oil also in my Victory Vision. I am experiencing notchy shifting after my last oil change at 7,500 miles with Victory 20W-40 oil. I now only have 8,000 miles on the bike. Does anyone have any experience with the Mobil 1 20W-50 V twin full synthetic?? Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am curious with the Mobil 1 V Twin oil also in my Victory Vision. I am experiencing notchy shifting after my last oil change at 7,500 miles with Victory 20W-40 oil. I now only have 8,000 miles on the bike. Does anyone have any experience with the Mobil 1 20W-50 V twin full synthetic?? Thanks.
Personally, I am surprised as Mobil 1 Motorcycle oils are excellent oils for the most part.

You should actually be using Mobil 1 4T though. The added viscosity could be some of your problem as it will slow the shift down.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally, I am surprised as Mobil 1 Motorcycle oils are excellent oils for the most part.

You should actually be using Mobil 1 4T though. The added viscosity could be some of your problem as it will slow the shift down.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
Bob, re-read the previous Thread, he is experiencing notchy shifting after using the Victory 20W-40, not the M1 20W-50.

·
Registered
567 Posts
this is one thread that you probably don't want to start again...LOL...if you search the site you will find enough reading to give you one hell of a headache....LOL....

·
Registered
567 Posts
from what I have read (only read not experienced) is to use the Mobil 1 4T racing oil....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts