Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mode button sometimes works if pressed enough. Set button doesn't seem to work at all.

I'd like to test the switches to start with, and then trace the wires back.

I see the two screws on each side of the switches, before I unscrew them I thought I'd make sure parts aren't going to pop outta place making it hard to put back together (not with the bike, but been there done that... haha)

Any common fixes/solutions, or general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what's the little micro-switch just under the speedo used for?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Could the little switch be what turns on/off your passing lamps?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mode button sometimes works if pressed enough. Set button doesn't seem to work at all.

I'd like to test the switches to start with, and then trace the wires back.

I see the two screws on each side of the switches, before I unscrew them I thought I'd make sure parts aren't going to pop outta place making it hard to put back together (not with the bike, but been there done that... haha)

Any common fixes/solutions, or general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what's the little micro-switch just under the speedo used for?
Nothing will fall apart when you unscrew the switch housings. Pull them apart and spray a good bit of electrical contact cleaner in them.

Mine were doing the same thing, did that and they work great nowthumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having the same problem with the mode switch on a 2003 classic cruiser. Contact cleaner did not work, Any suggestions? How hard is it to change the switch?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Once they start to act up you will have to spray them with contact cleaner from time to time. When I bought mine, bike had been sitting and they weren't working at all. Sprayed aerosol contact cleaner with a tip on the can into the switch area and started working. The more you use the switch, the better they will be.

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Tim, weird thing was, i had been riding to work all week, and it worked fine. Parked it, the next day nothing. I did get caught in the rain about two weeks ago. Figure that's what did it. I am gonna crack it open again and put a dab of dielectric grease in on it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Once the corrosion starts there's no going back. Keep them dry and clean and they should keep working but in the meantime look for replacements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts