Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people talk about this 1 1/8" hole modification. I've been trying to find the post describing how to do it and come up empty. Does anyone know where it is?

·
13,002 Posts
You go to the hardware store or menards or homedepo and buy a 1 1/8" hole saw. Its what they use for cutting door handle openings.
Now put it in the end of your drill and drill out the baffle.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You go to the hardware store or menards or homedepo and buy a 1 1/8" hole saw. Its what they use for cutting door handle openings.
Now put it in the end of your drill and drill out the baffle.
I don't understand where to drill. Does the baffle come out? Drill in from the rear. It's my understanding there was some sort of "how to" thread. That's not the case?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't think it is titled anything like 1 & 1/8th mod but rather is something like "FREE Cross Country Deep Exhaust". The entire thread may well be on a different forum (likely either VOG or VMC)

·
Registered
58 Posts
The information is on this forum. Use an 18" extension and a 1 1/8" hole saw. I think it needs to be the type to drill metal not wood. I haven't done the mod. Try to search a broader topic like "Cross Roads exhaust". Since I have a CR, that is were I read about the mod.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
rebar...

A bike-nut friend suggested a long piece of rebar and a hammer (in your hand, not in front of you). And he was dead serious. :crzy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts