Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to recover and add more foam to the stock seat for two people ? Maybe there's a way to add a litlle backrest for the passenger too, converting it like the touring seat ? I must not be the only one to wonder if it's possible. If someone have done it, I would like to see pictures please. I know that buyjng a new seat is more simple but I was just wondering if it can be done. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yeah man- easily done. Mine is way more comfortable- my left leg used to go dead after a couple of hours- not any more. I had it restuffed by a automotive seat and interior guy that does cars and bikes- he's been in business for 40 years and did a great job.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
With cowl on

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
72XS2
look for a street rod upholstery shop or any car shop or maybe even check out the custom after market shops and see if they might know of some one that could help.
If you look at the bottom of your seat you'll see there is no material to allow you room to add to it

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The type of foam is as important as the thickness.
Shop around but be prepared to pay more for a job done right with a premium foam. The stuff is rather expensive. I bought a chunk of good stuff from a upholstery supply for a project and was impressed with the price in it's raw form. The same size chunk of foam could cost $15 or $50 depending on the type. That was 15yrs ago.

I would think experience would also be a factor in selecting the correct foam though I would guess that it would not be too hard to find something better than what the OEM's put in there. In every corner of the country there are seat rebuilders and I've never heard anyone say that they were happier with the oem seat than after it was rebuilt.

There is a guy in Seattle area who has a pretty good following and their was a guy at AZ bike week who seemed to know his stuff and do good work from CA. So I would imagine you have several to choose from if you can't find someone local.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just came back from my garage to look at it. Upholstery shop is not a problem, I know a guy who do it for 25 years and it will not be his first motorcycle seat. Adding foam for comfort will not be a problem. My main concern was about the passenger backrest and I think I found a solution. I know some guys with V-Rod that their gf fall from the bike and I don't want it to happen. Maybe a little modification at the back of seat will help but I'll try something this week and let you know... :)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
That tee shirt "If you can read this the B***h fell off" while cute, and a great reminder to hang on tight, probably means you are sleeping alone.:ltr:

Better to be safe than have regrets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thumb up thumb up

That tee shirt "If you can read this the B***h fell off" while cute, and a great reminder to hang on tight, probably means you are sleeping alone.:ltr:

Better to be safe than have regrets.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hmmm......there are clip on sissy bars available online that clip onto the side bag clips- just need to find one that fits your model. I've often thought about getting one myself, but I very rarely carry a pollion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Krisd, that's a really good idea. I didn't think about that. I will have my seat rebuild for two passengers and I'll build a cool sissy bar with a backrest. This way, I will be able to remove just the sissy bar if I want to and the backrest will be more solid than what I thought, thanks bro :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thats what we are here for man cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts