Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two weeks of waiting I finally got everything buttoned up this weekend and the bike off the lift. Installed a new D&D black slip on and sent the original shields off to be color matched black (ceramic), Ness deep cut floorboards are gorgeous!, and did a stubby antenna. I couldn't believe how much the antenna cleaned up the back of the bike too. Cheers.-Chris.

Front:

Floorboards w/ Black Shields:

Black D&D w/ Stubby Antenna:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Tastefully done is right. Man, that looks perfect, nice job! thumb up

Would love to hear a sound clip of those D&Ds :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is the pipe a single sided pipe?

Tastefully done is right. Man, that looks perfect, nice job! thumb up

Would love to hear a sound clip of those D&Ds :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Love the floorboards and ofcourse I love the paint cheers

Do you get stopped and asked about your paint as much as I do? Granted I get allot of questions cuz I have the skulls on a XR vice a XC but you still got to love the paint! thumb up

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you get stopped and asked about your paint as much as I do? Granted I get allot of questions cuz I have the skulls on a XR vice a XC but you still got to love the paint! thumb up
Not really. People usually just stare because they can't figure out what kind of bike it is, especially without the badges on the side. I do love the paint though. It's one of the reasons I'm not doing a different front fender and wheel combo because I dont want to lose the front skulls on the fender.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sweet ride!
now thats what i call an eye catcher.cheers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice looking XC but you only think you're done! Just wait. Something shiny and new will be coming around the corner and you'll have to have it!

Victory's are as addictive as crack but only 10 times more expensive!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
ha ha ha you're telling me...this was my last project

Black Betty:

Both Bikes, Very Well Done !!!
Realy Like what you've done with your Cruiser!!! And now, I'm going to have to get those nice Arlen Ness Floor Boards for my XC.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And now, I'm going to have to get those nice Arlen Ness Floor Boards for my XC.
They are very nice! I'm still waiting for the matching black deep cut comfort grips to come in too. Should compliment the floorboards great, but the problem is Arlen puts products out for sale which he doesn't even have in production yet...:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
After two weeks of waiting I finally got everything buttoned up this weekend and the bike off the lift. Installed a new D&D black slip on and sent the original shields off to be color matched black (ceramic), Ness deep cut floorboards are gorgeous!, and did a stubby antenna. I couldn't believe how much the antenna cleaned up the back of the bike too. Cheers.-Chris.

Front:

Floorboards w/ Black Shields:

Black D&D w/ Stubby Antenna:

Sweet looking CC. Ness offers the Deep Cut design in a shift peg/brake peg and hand grip as well...do you think they would fit the victory?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet looking CC. Ness offers the Deep Cut design in a shift peg/brake peg and hand grip as well...do you think they would fit the victory?
Yes and no. I have the deep cut comfort grips in hand now for CC, but the shifter/brake pegs require a trip to the hardware store. Just be advised the Victory adapter stud doesn't fit cross country's! You'll need to buy a metric button head screw

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes and no. I have the deep cut comfort grips in hand now for CC, but the shifter/brake pegs require a trip to the hardware store. Just be advised the Victory adapter stud doesn't fit cross country's! You'll need to buy a metric button head screw
Is the adapter stud not the right size for the shift/brake levers or for the pegs? Does the adapter fit in the Vision levers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was told it was made for the Kingpin, not the XC like they have listed. I believe its a 8x1.25mm button head screw thats required. I got mine at the local hardware shop (not lowes or HD).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told it was made for the Kingpin, not the XC like they have listed. I believe its a 6x1.25mm button head screw thats required. I got mine at the local hardware shop (not lowes or HD).
One last question lol. Did you have to modify your shorty antenna to get it to fit in the socket? I've heard some people say that the adapter that comes with most aftermarket shorty antennas doesn't fit in the antenna base on the bike. They've had to go to the hardware store and get a screw (can't remember the size now) and cut off the head.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
One last question lol. Did you have to modify your shorty antenna to get it to fit in the socket? I've heard some people say that the adapter that comes with most aftermarket shorty antennas doesn't fit in the antenna base on the bike. They've had to go to the hardware store and get a screw (can't remember the size now) and cut off the head.
I beleive on Page 6 of this Forum under Short Antenna for XC you will find the bolt size for the mod of the Antenna for cball508s XC

1 - 20 of 26 Posts