Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase an intercom system for 2 modular Bell Revolver EVO helmets. Suggestions on a good system? Easy to use. Easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Sena is the most popular brand and they just came out with their latest and greatest version, the 30K. I think it cost that much too. :)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$705 Canadian for a pair. Wow!

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Best to check out their other units. Maybe some outlet is discounting discontinued models. eBay and Amazon are worth a try. Don't know if you have Cycle Gear up there, but they have their own brand at a much lower price.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a set of Sena. They work well but I didn't like always having a boom mic. On some helmets it just got in the way.

I got a pair of Uclear to get rid of the boom mic. The Uclear have a few speaker options so you can have the mic in the speakers or at the end of a short lead you run into the helmet liner. It sounds crazy but they work great in all helmets. I current have Uclear speakers in my Victory Shortie helmet, Shark Evo 3, and Victory 3/4 helmet. Each helmet has a small mounting plate on it the Uclear pod slides onto. You then plug the USB plug for the speakers into the pod and you're ready. I have been very happy with the system and people usually have no clue I'm on the bike while talking.

The one thing I don't like is the three button function on the pod. I bought the wireless Bluetooth remote for them and it is much easier to use while riding, especially in gloves. That was my down fall on the pod. I just couldn't feel the buttons in gloves. The remote fixed that.

Just another option.

·
Registered
483 Posts
These are the ones I have.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/UCLEAR-Digital-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Powersports/dp/B00ALNF696/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1513386645&sr=8-14&keywords=Uclear[/ame]

I got mine on eBay cheaper. They may have something newer out. I haven't checked them out in awhile.

I would buy them again.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Cycle Gear sells Uclear and if you have stores there, they are very helpful with setting them up for you.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My wife and I have SENA SMH-10 units and we love them. Reasonable cost, work great, pair with each other for intercom, phone for calls and music, GPS unit for turn by turn directions, and you can buy various style clamps to go on other helmets. We have one kind of clamp on our full face helmets and another on our half helmets. On the latter, we got the clamps without speakers but with a female 3.5 mm earbud plug and then use in-the-ear-canal type earbuds and that works fantastic for simultaneously reducing the deafening road/wind noise and allowing us to hear music as clear as day at 80 mph.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
483 Posts
It looks like my Uclear is old news looks like they have two new options the Plus and the Pro. They seem to be the seen design just with updated technology like better bluetooth.

This is the Pro Dual kit. I'm sure you can find a better price.

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/helmet-audio/powersports/amp-pro-bluetooth-helmet-audio-system-dual-kit/

To answer a phone call I the Uclear you simply say "hello" or "pickup" which I really like. The Sena you simply press the center button but it's not very simply when your hands are busy.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spent the evening checking out reviews. With the great input from you folks, I have decided the Uclear Pro is winner. The 30K has no reviews yet, it’s not waterproof as well. Don’t like the idea of the boom mic. Going to use it for a modular helmet, so the pros with the in helmet wired mic make sense. Getting the wireless remote. Good advice. Makes sense. Thanks for the valuable input.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a set of Sena. They work well but I didn't like always having a boom mic. On some helmets it just got in the way.

I got a pair of Uclear to get rid of the boom mic. The Uclear have a few speaker options so you can have the mic in the speakers or at the end of a short lead you run into the helmet liner. It sounds crazy but they work great in all helmets. I current have Uclear speakers in my Victory Shortie helmet, Shark Evo 3, and Victory 3/4 helmet. Each helmet has a small mounting plate on it the Uclear pod slides onto. You then plug the USB plug for the speakers into the pod and you're ready. I have been very happy with the system and people usually have no clue I'm on the bike while talking.

The one thing I don't like is the three button function on the pod. I bought the wireless Bluetooth remote for them and it is much easier to use while riding, especially in gloves. That was my down fall on the pod. I just couldn't feel the buttons in gloves. The remote fixed that.

Just another option.

If I’m putting the Uclear in my modular, where would the short mic lead be?

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I’m putting the Uclear in my modular, where would the short mic lead be?

The speaker may have built it mics. If they do there is nothing more to do than place the speakers in the helmet.

If you get the external wired leads you simply run them under the liner to the front of the helmet in the forehead area. It will have little straps to secure it in place. Another option that I found in some reviews that works better in some helmets is running them more straight forward to your temple area in the helmet. I have one helmet set up this way and another set up regular. You may need to play with it too find what works best for you and your helmet.

If I was doing it over I'd probably start with the temple position. The other I found to sometimes be tight on the mic and not allow it to pick up my voice making me sound muffled.

I hope you enjoy them!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The speaker may have built it mics. If they do there is nothing more to do than place the speakers in the helmet.

If you get the external wired leads you simply run them under the liner to the front of the helmet in the forehead area. It will have little straps to secure it in place. Another option that I found in some reviews that works better in some helmets is running them more straight forward to your temple area in the helmet. I have one helmet set up this way and another set up regular. You may need to play with it too find what works best for you and your helmet.

If I was doing it over I'd probably start with the temple position. The other I found to sometimes be tight on the mic and not allow it to pick up my voice making me sound muffled.

I hope you enjoy them!

Thanks for all your feedback. Much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts