Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good way to monitor your fuel levels for longer trips on a 2004 Vegas? The low fuel light doesnt come on until 0.6 gallons - which leaves you withe about 20-30 miles to ride left. Anyone found a gauge or a good trip meter to measure your miles?

On my old honda i would reset the trip miles manually like you would on a car, starting the miles back at 0 when i filled the tank - then i knew i had about 100 miles until i had to go to my reserve tank.

Thanks for any input!
Alex

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good way to monitor your fuel levels for longer trips on a 2004 Vegas? The low fuel light doesnt come on until 0.6 gallons - which leaves you withe about 20-30 miles to ride left. Anyone found a gauge or a good trip meter to measure your miles?

On my old honda i would reset the trip miles manually like you would on a car, starting the miles back at 0 when i filled the tank - then i knew i had about 100 miles until i had to go to my reserve tank.

Thanks for any input!
Alex
No trip meter on your bike ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
I use the trip one odometer. No guessing.
I do the same on my '13 jackpot, but the OP seems not to have a trip meter ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i dont think i have a trip meter - i can only see the total miles on the bike - 8600... and i dont think there is a way to change what shows up on the speedometer.

Maybe there is some kind of secret out there? lol

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
no, i dont think i have a trip meter - i can only see the total miles on the bike - 8600... and i dont think there is a way to change what shows up on the speedometer.

Maybe there is some kind of secret out there? lol
Hope someone can shed some light on the '04 models

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Well guys I am an idiot, found in the owner manual that there is a little button on the left side of the speedometer that can toggle between odometer and trip odometer.

Will check the bike myself when I get home from work...

Thanks!
Awsome ... Good luck

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Well guys I am an idiot, found in the owner manual that there is a little button on the left side of the speedometer that can toggle between odometer and trip odometer.

Will check the bike myself when I get home from work...

Thanks!
That's what I was going to tell you. Also, if you get a tach with bracket, that button should get moved to the top of the bracket making it much easier to see and reset the trip meter.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Grease pencil and mark speedo when get fuel. We use to write directions on windshield before GPS. Also if you fuel at say 25000 on speedo and can go 100 miles you write 25100 on speedo to remind you when you need to stop. Wipes rite off with a towel at gas stop.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Even though my XR has a fuel gauge I don't really trust it. I do like I always have, reset the trip meter and go by that. I know on my XR when I get to 180 miles then it is time to think about getting some gas.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Even though my XR has a fuel gauge I don't really trust it. I do like I always have, reset the trip meter and go by that. I know on my XR when I get to 180 miles then it is time to think about getting some gas.
It also allows for easy computing of gas mileage for those inclined to do that.

·
13,038 Posts
alexschristoff

if you have a dealer around you ask them if they can flash the speed-o it would give you more info. It might coast you a few bucks. Hope you read the part where you have to stand the bike up right to check the oil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts