Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im gonna try to follow one of the herds here. for all
the almost 14000 miles on the bike its had vic oil. now has 5-40 T6 rotella. quess we'll find out what happens. ive still got 3 gals of
vic oil left. sunny and 50 today. have to put a couple of miles on it.
ive got the flatbed [ ph #]in my cell phone[yeah, it fits .

to be continued---wac

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sorry i disagree, what difference does the 5 and 10 make? None one it warms up a little, 5 will let it spin faster and allow oil to get everywhere faster.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if they made a 10-40 T6 it would probably be in there

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If you do some searching vindex i believe had some testing done on his oil and came up with a mix of rotella 15-40 and 5-40 that seemed to test well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I started with Vic oil and changed to Amsoil for the next two changes. After that I used Rotella 10/40 for two changes and have used 3 qts of Rotella topped off with 20/50 Mobil motorcycle oil for the last 3 changes. So far the Rotella/Mobil blend works best for me with the big temperature swings I deal with riding year round.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Four quarts Rotella T 15-40 two quarts Rotella T6 5-40. My 04 has a six quart capacity. I can say the 40 wt is what you're looking for the first number is "W" winter.

Mine sees upper 30s to 120* as tested and looks good.

I recommend nothing use what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
well after 3500 kilometers on Aussie Penrite 10-50 MC semi-synth, plus 250ml Lucas oil stabiliser to top it off, my 2010 Vegas 100/6 is going fantastic, gearbox shifts better, zero clutch slip (it's JASO-MA after all)
I'm sticking with it for the Aussie climate.:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
At operating temperature there is no difference in "performance" between a 5-40W or a 10-40W or for that matter a straight 40W.

The lower viscosity, or first number in a multi-viscosity oil is it's "performance" at start up or less than operating temperature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts