Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting an aux. fuel tank/cell in a rear trunk. I think a probable size would be 8"Wx12"Lx9"H. The size is not cast in stone yet. If not a tank, then a fuel container about that size, nearly bulletproof. I have a special trip in mind and need more range for a XC. I think 1.5-2.5 gals would be OK. I'd like a little room left in the trunk for other stuff.

I would mount the trunk on a KewlMetal rack, and use the trunk as a passenger backrest with a pad. I would make the trunk and rack removable for regular conditions.

Suggestions, comments? If anyone has ideas, lemme know. Thanks in advance.

On another note - anyone had trouble with the tank emblem falling off?

eta moya dva rubles
wb

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, white_bear, good to see you.

I guess my first question would be WHY?

Isn't 120-140 miles enough before getting off for a stretch anyway?

Second, is this a safe thing to do? I guess it's pretty much the same as our regular tank as far as safety is concerned, but I guess I'd make sure it was done right.

Don't see why your idea wouldn't work. Just run a fuel line under the tank and put in a T...or an auxiliary valve.

Could be kinda cool.

Larry

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am planning a trip across Russia on the Trans-Siberian Highway. Some of the places are a little far apart, if you get my drift.

Go to the CrossCountry - CrossRoads discussion and look for Vladivostok. I will post something there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts