Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day today for a ride. Rode a couple hours and stopped at a local biker watering hole and to my surprise, there were more Victorys than any other brand, including HD. I have been seeing more Vics on the road lately but this was a welcome surprise. Even had a Kawasaki Concours rider compliment me on my nice Victory.:laugh

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have yet to see another Victory in the wild around where I live. I hear of people that have them, I know they are out there.... I would love to ride with other Victory owners. Maybe next spring..

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
the time will come, mark my words!:smile

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That's good you got to ride with some other Vic's. If it ever got to the point where there are more Vic's than HD's, I'd have to switch to something else

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That's good you got to ride with some other Vic's. If it ever got to the point where there are more Vic's than HD's, I'd have to switch to something else
If Harley made a bike I felt more comfortable on or handled better to me, I would buy one. I don't personally care how many there are or who owns what. I was looking hard at the Chieftain and the Road glide when i bought the XC.I really wanted a Chieftain but the engine heat was a problem for me. The road Glide was underwhelming for me when I rode it. Either way, I woul;d still ride with my Victory group. I have been with this group since I had my first Victory. great people.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
The SCRC (Southern Cruisers Riding Club) chapter to which I belong was mostly H-Ds when I first joined, but one by one Vics crept in and now some rides are mostly Vics. Incidentally, if you are looking foir decent folks to ride with, look up the Southern Cruisers RC online. No dues or fees, just riding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here I thought that I was the only Vic on the island.
Here on Galveston Island, I thought I had the only Vic for the first year and a half. Been seeing more and more here lately.:grin

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Here on this big island theyre gradually getting more and more.
Give it another ten years here I reckon.
If theres still a planet,
And gasoline,
And the religious freaks and politicians havent got thier way.
Always Hope.

Reactions: gdfishwell

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
It takes a Victory to catch a Victory

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I still rarely see a Vic around here and I live on and near some very popular motorcycle roads. After 3 years I am still usually the only Vic in the parking lot and if I do run into somebody on one they are usually out of towners that came ride the twisties around here. There is a very strong HD culture around here which is funny to me because the relatives and others I know that have them really can't afford them. They buy them because they don't want their "friends" to make fun of them for riding something else or not include them in a ride. I am seeing quite a few Indians in my area though, seen 3 in one day last week and I have never seen 3 Vics in one day unless I was at a dealership.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went for a ride on the weekend gone in central QLD, Aus for a toy run.. ~250 bikes and only two victory's. But that's one more then usual!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Went for a ride on the weekend gone in central QLD, Aus for a toy run.. ~250 bikes and only two victory's. But that's one more then usual!
Dontcha just love being exclusive?!?:devil

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
We got a toy run this sunday leaving Victory/Indian Brisbane and joining up with thousands of other bikes.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
We got a toy run this sunday leaving Victory/Indian Brisbane and joining up with thousands of other bikes.
Sorry, I can't make it. I have plans to rearrange my sock drawer.:laugh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts