Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Another H-D bike that will languish in the dark, dusty corners of Harley dealers showrooms.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Love it.

Now they just need to go the final step and make one with the glorious V-rod engine and Brembo brakes. They could really up my interest if they can do it with a quality suspension and no goddamn funny wheel sizes.

A few options of colors would be nice too.

If the frame is a stiff Chromoly piece, I'll burn rubber to the nearest dealer.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
I think this is for overseas markets only; at least for now. Could make for a good starter bike in the USA though. I do wish they would join the 21st century and lose the side rear shocks. I guess it's a trade off so there is more room under the seat for... whatever is under there I guess.

It looks like a V-Rod motor that has been made smaller. I wonder what size it could be bored out to if someone wanted to go that route after the warranty ran out. Obviously HD would want them to simply trade up but you know how some of are...

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Just like Honda and Yamaha, reaching out to youngsters to build brand loyalty... Nice looking starter ride...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The important thing here is "Stepping out of the box". Kudos to the MoCo for doing so. They might be realizing that the youngsters may not want to ride old heavy dated bikes. Sportsters are terrible uncomfortable. So now water cooling looks to be in there sights. Don't be surprised if Victory has an offering in their redesign in the future. The CCT has enough room in the lowers to hide radiators as does the Vision.

My VTX 1300C was purchased in fall 2003. It hasn't missed a beat. My son loves riding it and after the tasteful add-ons that were done on the bike, It still turns heads today. He's 27 yrs old and says even though the XC is badass for an old fart like me he's not interested in a bagger yet. Gotta say it, water cooling is the way to go.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What is interesting to me is how many times we vic riders say HD has got to get out of the "dark ages" so to speak and change their antique design. I have owned both water cooled and the air/oil on my vic. My only complaint on my vic is the lack of a real radiator with a thermostat to aid in rapid temperature rise when I ride the bike in the winter and also aiding in keeping it cool in the hot summer weather. It also helps with the epa requirements and allows for closer tolerance in the engine design. I hope Polaris will leave the old stuff with their Indian line, and move the Vics up to the 21 Century. Strange that HD started looking forward first.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Personally , I don't want any coolant in my V-twin , ever .

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like great starter, city bikes. Not a fan of the rear dual shocks or front fork boots, but still a great idea for a huge market.

I see Vic going in this direction w/the advent of Indian taking the luxo, big v-twin market.

Sub 500 lb bikes w/plenty of HP and TQ is a winner IMHO.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't like it , the tires are too skinny and it says HD on it !:D

·
Registered
454 Posts
500cc and the radiator has to be as big as the one in my 1981 C30, really, they could not make it smaller and less noticeable?

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I hope they sell millions of them.

Like all the same repetitive threads here on a Victory forum about these bikes.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Personally , I don't want any coolant in my V-twin , ever .
I wouldn't mind it, if it needed it, like the Harleys apparently do to make sufficient power and not roast your sensitive bits. But my Vic don't need it for either, so why make it more complicated and maintenance intensive?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I wouldn't mind it, if it needed it, like the Harleys apparently do to make sufficient power and not roast your sensitive bits. But my Vic don't need it for either, so why make it more complicated and maintenance intensive?
Exactly !thumb up

·
Registered
851 Posts
Air cooled bikes need air flow to cool. For many that's not a problem. However these bikes seem to be targeted at urban riders who experience a lot of stop and go traffic where liquid cooled is a huge plus.

And for those who also ride in frigid temperatures liquid cooled bike also let the engine keep more heat. Air cooled bike tend to not heat up to operating temperature.

I've owned both and didn't think the liquid cooling was that much more of a maintenance concern. Personally it doesn't weigh in on my choice of bike as much as other factors.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts