Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,

Has anyone got a close up ( side View ) picture of a set of Moretons Tripple Trees 7 degree rake ?

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look on the bright side... you spelled 'trees' right...
Brilliant,

U must be the gr8 american lecturer we have all heard about LMAO

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the effort.

Unfortunately they do look like there on the piss so i for one will give them a miss.

I had to ask due to their price.

Please feel free Half Crazy if i have spelt anything wrong here as well.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
188 Posts
Al What is it that you don't like about them?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Al What is it that you don't like about them?
Hi,

The reason i asked for a close side view was because i thought they had a kink in the bar but i wasn't sure due to the fact i just got in to reading glasses some 6 months or so.

I want the straight look that Kewlmetal have with there set but i do think that we are getting a bit ripped with the price so once i saw that the Mortons ( Spelt right ) Trees were priced more sensably i thought i would investigate.

Cheers
AL

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Hi,

The reason i asked for a close side view was because i thought they had a kink in the bar but i wasn't sure due to the fact i just got in to reading glasses some 6 months or so.

I want the straight look that Kewlmetal have with there set but i do think that we are getting a bit ripped with the price so once i saw that the Mortons ( Spelt right ) Trees were priced more sensably i thought i would investigate.

Cheers
AL
I think I see what you mean Al. The tree tops aren't parallel to the ground/world so they look off kilter. Yes?

I have to agree they would look better, either flat, or like stock tree's. I'm not building a show bike but rather a semi-custom daily rider so this is something I could overlook on my bike and save the cash on the difference in price. The KM tree's do look better for sure.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mortons look like they keep the bars at the factory angle where as KM rake the bars along with the forks. Could be a problem hitting the tank if you already have FlyBars.:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Mortons look like they keep the bars at the factory angle where as KM rake the bars along with the forks. Could be a problem hitting the tank if you already have FlyBars.:confused:
I noticed the KM kit requires a riser set with their 45 degree rake. I wonder if the same would be enough for the Morton kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
two pics below...the black Vegas has the Mortons...the orange Jackpot has the Kewl Metals...obviously the big difference is price...in most applications the greater the price the greater the product...:D...and yes there were some clearance issues with the tank and the KM's on the Jackpot...sonofdob

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Here is the fat and skinny. The KM trees are engineered and transition smoothly in turns the Morton's have flop to them. I almost dropped an 8ball in a gas statio because I was turning the bars manuevering and they all of a sudden flopped!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts