Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the Regulator finally died and I just happened to be at dealer 2 days ago and the mechanic also said it was bad but not yet dead , they ordered me one under warranty and will be here tomorrow ( maybe ) , a couple weeks back when I suspected regulator was failing I ordered a Mosfet and its sitting on the bench. So question seeing as I had extended my warranty should I put in the Mosfet or the stock regulator? I realize the original had took a crap already once.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
70 USD for a victory regulator, coz polaris buys them in china too,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
If you have a bad starter relay it is only 7.2 USD for the Polaris one, same source where polaris gets them from ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Never had a problem with my stock regulator.
Everything works until it doesn't. :D

Whether it's a car, bike, computer, etc. the most famous line I always hear is "Well, it was working just fine before". Yep, things that break are usually fine before they do. :grin

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Life is short? Bullshit! It's literally the longest thing anyone will ever do. :D :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have a bad starter relay it is only 7.2 USD for the Polaris one, same source where polaris gets them from ...
Andre using TaPaTaLk
Mechanic checked the bike and only said the regulator was not charging at idle , didn't say anything else about the starter relay. I can say he also didn't think there would be a problem with alternator.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Regulators need to be in a good cooling air stream. A friend had his go out because his XCT has a skid plate that blocked the cooling air. We removed said plate that not only blocks the air to the regulator, but is gawd awful heavy.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Andre
OMG our bikes have parts from china :ltr::ltr:
Mate all these threads about "my led headlight is made in america" its all bullshit .... I bought my LED headlight from China with 2 year warranty ...

Polaris orders EVERYTHING in china .... And all the forum members keep on repeating "you get what you pay for" hajajaja they really dont understand how the world of business works ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,003 Posts
Andre

Aren't those lights from Kuryakayn

It was a joke about being made in china

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Andre

Aren't those lights from Kuryakayn

It was a joke about being made in china
I do not know if they are from Kuryakayn but i find A LOT of stuff , headlights , starter relays, chrome and black regulators, shift spacer bushings, tank spacers, on AliExpress

I know you were joking, but Polaris buys EVERYTHING in china, including the 499 U$D headlights, and all forums are singing the song, you get what you pay for, this is BOGUS .... as it is the same supplier ... Not a copie ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts